download activity identification

stfilcek

download activity identification
When I log on the the net (modem copper only available) sometimes the
connection symbol show activity and the status box for the service folks
shows incoming. No programs are open, no feed symbles, no upgrade activity
and no open programs. How do I find out what is going on and who is doing it.
Thanks, Tom
Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Re: download activity identification
Hi
If you have a Firewall log it might show the activity.
Otherwise download TCPView and use it to see in Vivo at the TCP Stack
activities.
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"stfilcek" <stfilcek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I log on the the net (modem copper only available) sometimes the
> connection symbol show activity and the status box for the service folks
> shows incoming. No programs are open, no feed symbles, no upgrade activity
> and no open programs. How do I find out what is going on and who is doing
> it.
> Thanks, Tom

stfilcek

"Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:

> Hi
> If you have a Firewall log it might show the activity.
> Otherwise download TCPView and use it to see in Vivo at the TCP Stack
> activities.
> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/s.../bb897437.aspx
> Jack (MVP-Networking).
>
> "stfilcek" <stfilcek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When I log on the the net (modem copper only available) sometimes the
> > connection symbol show activity and the status box for the service folks
> > shows incoming. No programs are open, no feed symbles, no upgrade activity
> > and no open programs. How do I find out what is going on and who is doing
> > it.
> > Thanks, Tom

> Thanks for the reply, well try it and see. Funny that the Vista does not tell you like XP did.

stfilcek

"stfilcek" wrote:

> "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:
>
> > Hi
> > If you have a Firewall log it might show the activity.
> > Otherwise download TCPView and use it to see in Vivo at the TCP Stack
> > activities.
> > http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/s.../bb897437.aspx
> > Jack (MVP-Networking).
> >
> > "stfilcek" <stfilcek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > When I log on the the net (modem copper only available) sometimes the
> > > connection symbol show activity and the status box for the service folks
> > > shows incoming. No programs are open, no feed symbles, no upgrade activity
> > > and no open programs. How do I find out what is going on and who is doing
> > > it.
> > > Thanks, Tom

> > Thanks for the reply, well try it and see. Funny that the Vista does not tell you like XP did.

The download TCPView does what I wanted. It downloaded quickly, installed
easily and actually worked the first time. It stays up when called unlike Net
Stat provided which only stays up about 5 sec. Again thanks.