Network failed while copying some large file

ashi

Network failed while copying some large file
if i copy some file during the network, my connection will lose, and i have
to disable the ethernet connection and enable it again. but it doesn't happen
when the files are small. this have never happened before i updated the
switcher to use 1Gbps connection instead 100Mbps one.

i'm using windows vista sp1, 1Gbps connection.
ashi

RE: Network failed while copying some large file
can anyone help me? thanks
Malke

ashi wrote:

> if i copy some file during the network, my connection will lose, and i
> have to disable the ethernet connection and enable it again. but it
> doesn't happen when the files are small. this have never happened before i
> updated the switcher to use 1Gbps connection instead 100Mbps one.
>
> i'm using windows vista sp1, 1Gbps connection.

I'm not sure what you mean by "the switcher" or how you updated it, but put
it back to the way it was and see if things work now. If they do, then you
know where to start your troubleshooting.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers
ashi

Re: Network failed while copying some large file
apologize for my poor english. i had a 100Mbps switcher, and now i have a
1Gbps switcher replaced it.

i think this guy's problem is same to mine:
http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum...fm/901831.html
Malke

ashi wrote:

> apologize for my poor english. i had a 100Mbps switcher, and now i have a
> 1Gbps switcher replaced it.
>
> i think this guy's problem is same to mine:
> http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum...fm/901831.html

Sounds like perhaps not all your hardware can do 1GBps. Try updating your
network adapter or setting it to Auto or the like.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
Don't Panic!
ashi

Re: Network failed while copying some large file

> Sounds like perhaps not all your hardware can do 1GBps. Try updating your
> network adapter or setting it to Auto or the like.

the network adapter of both my computers is Realtek 8168B is was capable
with 1Gbps. i can use computer A to access the sharing files on computer B
and copy them to local hd with 40-80MBps, and nothing happened during copying
1GB data. when i use computer B to access Computer A's sharing files, and
copy remote files to local or copy local files to remote will get the problem.

thanks for answering.
Malke

ashi wrote:

>> Sounds like perhaps not all your hardware can do 1GBps. Try updating your
>> network adapter or setting it to Auto or the like.

> the network adapter of both my computers is Realtek 8168B is was capable
> with 1Gbps. i can use computer A to access the sharing files on computer B
> and copy them to local hd with 40-80MBps, and nothing happened during
> copying 1GB data. when i use computer B to access Computer A's sharing
> files, and copy remote files to local or copy local files to remote will
> get the problem.

Maybe update the NIC drivers, but other than that I'm out of ideas. Probably
one of the many network gurus who help in this newsgroup will have the
answer for you.

I'm sorry I was unable to help you.

Malke