Printer sharing between two Vista Computer

Jaybuck77

Printer sharing between two Vista Computer
I have managed to FINALLY get my network up and running but now I am having a
problem setting up the Printer sharing.

I am trying to add a Printer that is connected to my main PC to another
computer for my daughter to use. When I try to install the Printer (which it
can find) I keep getting the following error message

"Windows cannot connect to the printer. There is not enough memory to
complete this operation. Please close some programs and try again"

Now the computer that the printer is connected to is brand new and I have
close every working programme on it when trying to do this. Also the computer
that I am tring to add to although is not new I have upgraded many part to
and scores 4.3 on the windows experience statement.

Any ideas anyone, I am pulling our hair that I have very little of.

Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Printer sharing between two Vista Computer
You may want to add the printer as local printer first and re-map it as
networking printer. Or this link may help.

Vista Print IssuesAlso check this post: Vista: cannot connect to the
printer - error 0x000003e3 ... Networking between Vista and other Windows OS
www.chicagotech.net/vista/vistaprint.htm

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net

"Jaybuck77" <Jaybuck77@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have managed to FINALLY get my network up and running but now I am having
> problem setting up the Printer sharing.
>
> I am trying to add a Printer that is connected to my main PC to another
> computer for my daughter to use. When I try to install the Printer (which
> it
> can find) I keep getting the following error message
>
> "Windows cannot connect to the printer. There is not enough memory to
> complete this operation. Please close some programs and try again"
>
> Now the computer that the printer is connected to is brand new and I have
> close every working programme on it when trying to do this. Also the
> computer
> that I am tring to add to although is not new I have upgraded many part to
> and scores 4.3 on the windows experience statement.
>
> Any ideas anyone, I am pulling our hair that I have very little of.

Mick Murphy

RE: Printer sharing between two Vista Computer
You have to add the Printer's driver to your daughter's machine as well, not
just have the printer's software installed on your main comp where the
printer is.

If the comp runs vista, get a vista compatible driver from the printers
website.
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia