Hyperterminal

LarryS

Hyperterminal
I noticed on posting below, but I have just recently switched to Vista for
the laptop that I use to support clients. I establish VPN connections to
their sites, but now with Vista, I have no hyperterminal to connect to their
UNIX/Linux systems.

I would prefer to find a FREE solution rather than have to pay for the
hyperterminal that was supported by the other organization. Is Vista falling
so short that we cannot now use it on computers used for supporting clients?
Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Hyperterminal
For security reason Microsoft has remove hyperterminal from the Vista.
However, you copy the hyperterminal from XP and use it in Vista. Or download
the 3rd party software like putty.

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net

"LarryS" <LarryS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I noticed on posting below, but I have just recently switched to Vista for
> the laptop that I use to support clients. I establish VPN connections to
> their sites, but now with Vista, I have no hyperterminal to connect to
> their
> UNIX/Linux systems.
>
> I would prefer to find a FREE solution rather than have to pay for the
> hyperterminal that was supported by the other organization. Is Vista
> falling
> so short that we cannot now use it on computers used for supporting
> clients?

Dustin Harper

Re: Hyperterminal
Here, you can download Hyperterminal for Vista:
http://www.hilgraeve.com/htpe/download.html

--
Dustin Harper
dharper@vistarip.com

"LarryS" <LarryS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I noticed on posting below, but I have just recently switched to Vista for
> the laptop that I use to support clients. I establish VPN connections to
> their sites, but now with Vista, I have no hyperterminal to connect to
> their
> UNIX/Linux systems.
>
> I would prefer to find a FREE solution rather than have to pay for the
> hyperterminal that was supported by the other organization. Is Vista
> falling
> so short that we cannot now use it on computers used for supporting
> clients?

smallbooter is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Hyperterminal
There is a simplest solution that extract the hyper terminal file from windows XP and use it on windows vista

From here you can get the complete detail of this how to do

http://apdubey.blogspot.com/2008/12/...-in-vista.html