"The Handle is Invalid" error

=?Utf-8?B?R2xlbm5T?=

"The Handle is Invalid" error
I just purchased an HP Photosmart All in One Printer 6180. I hooked this
printer up to my wireless network at home. It connects fine, gets an ip and
does all its functions normally expect one. This printer has card slots. When
you insert a card, it is support to come up in COMPUTER as a drive and you
are supposed to be able to access it there. Well, it does come up as drive Z.
I double click on that drive and it says, "Drive Z is not accessible, the
handle is invalid". I noticed that if i do properties of that drive, it shows
accurate info as far as free and used space. So, im assuming it knows its
there but it just wont let me access it. I went to the run line and typed
\\"ip of printer"\Memory_Card like HP told me to, it then gave me a very
similar error to the first one. It said " \\"ip of printer"\Memory_Card is
inaccessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource.
Contact the administrator to see if you have correct permissions"
I do have admin rights on this computer.
Can any give me a hand in solving this issue??

Glenn

SDR

RE: "The Handle is Invalid" error
Glenn,

Were you ever able to resolve this? I have the EXACT same problem, but
can't find any solutions.

Scott

"GlennS" wrote:

> I just purchased an HP Photosmart All in One Printer 6180. I hooked this
> printer up to my wireless network at home. It connects fine, gets an ip and
> does all its functions normally expect one. This printer has card slots. When
> you insert a card, it is support to come up in COMPUTER as a drive and you
> are supposed to be able to access it there. Well, it does come up as drive Z.
> I double click on that drive and it says, "Drive Z is not accessible, the
> handle is invalid". I noticed that if i do properties of that drive, it shows
> accurate info as far as free and used space. So, im assuming it knows its
> there but it just wont let me access it. I went to the run line and typed
> \\"ip of printer"\Memory_Card like HP told me to, it then gave me a very
> similar error to the first one. It said " \\"ip of printer"\Memory_Card is
> inaccessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource.
> Contact the administrator to see if you have correct permissions"
> I do have admin rights on this computer.
> Can any give me a hand in solving this issue??
>
> Glenn

Bet

RE: "The Handle is Invalid" error
Glenn,
Did you get a resolution for this? I have been battling the same issue for
DAYS with Chat and remote access to no avail. I would love to see how you
resolved this.