ICS not working between two vista machines

Daniel, H

ICS not working between two vista machines
Basically, I have Vista on both computers. The host computer has a wireless
PCI card which connects to my router, and i've always had the internet with
it with no problems. I also have an ethernet port built into the motherboard
with the latest driver installed.

I have plugged in the ethernet cable into the host computer, and the
computer which i want to share the internet too, I have enabled ICS on the
wireless network connection, both computers can ping each other and I can
transfer files between them with no problems, however on the second computer
i cannot get the internet like i should do with ICS and when i hover the
cursor over the network icon on the taskbar it sais "local only" instead of
"local and internet"

The internet on the host computer still works fine
Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Re: ICS not working between two vista machines
Hi
Since you already have a NAT and DHCP server in you Router you do need need
to use ICS and create double NAT.
Disable ICS and use Vista Bridging,
In general you are better of getting a second Wireless card and use both
with the Router.
Example, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16833315075
Jack (MVP-Networking).