Vista Business doesn't recognize admin information

Darkmann

Vista Business doesn't recognize admin information
Just bought a new laptop with Vista business. It's used in my small business
network with a domain. I had it all set up and could connect to the domain
and see everything on my server. I brought the machine home and played
around with Norton some and other Vista features just to familiarize myself
with the system. Than the next day I couldn't see anything on the network.
When I tried to initiate Network Identification, Vista would not recognize my
admin status - at the point where the system asks for the credentials for an
authorized network user, like the admin!!!! It keeps on saying that the
format of the admin name is wrong or the format of the network name is wrong.
I have tried everything I know, and these errors keep coming up. I used the
same admin name and password to access the domain just a day earlier. What
could have gone wrong? Any clues?
Malke

Re: Vista Business doesn't recognize admin information
Darkmann wrote:

> Just bought a new laptop with Vista business. It's used in my small
> business
> network with a domain. I had it all set up and could connect to the
> domain
> and see everything on my server. I brought the machine home and played
> around with Norton some and other Vista features just to familiarize
> myself
> with the system. Than the next day I couldn't see anything on the
> network. When I tried to initiate Network Identification, Vista would not
> recognize my admin status - at the point where the system asks for the
> credentials for an
> authorized network user, like the admin!!!! It keeps on saying that the
> format of the admin name is wrong or the format of the network name is
> wrong.
> I have tried everything I know, and these errors keep coming up. I used
> the
> same admin name and password to access the domain just a day earlier.
> What could have gone wrong? Any clues?

We can't guess what is wrong because we don't know what you did during your
"playing around". Do a System Restore to the day when everything worked.

To run System Restore, go to the Start Orb and in the Start Search box type
"System Restore" without the quotes. System Restore will appear in the
Programs result. Click on it, allow the UAC prompt, and follow the wizard.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers