remote assistance

karl

remote assistance
I am able to connect to my home computer from a remote location through
remote desktop connection by entering in my ip address and configuring my
home computer to enable multidmz for the network. Thus remote desktop
connection is able to connect only when this is enabled so my computer is see
on the world wide web instead of just my home netork. I don't know if remote
assistance requires this but i will try. For the most part i cannot get
remote assistance to work when i try to connect from a remote location to my
home computer. Do i need to change settings somehwere. I have it enabled in
system.
Brink

Re: remote assistance

karl;623961 Wrote:
> I am able to connect to my home computer from a remote location through
> remote desktop connection by entering in my ip address and configuring
> my
> home computer to enable multidmz for the network. Thus remote desktop
> connection is able to connect only when this is enabled so my computer
> is see
> on the world wide web instead of just my home netork. I don't know if
> remote
> assistance requires this but i will try. For the most part i cannot get
> remote assistance to work when i try to connect from a remote location
> to my
> home computer. Do i need to change settings somehwere. I have it
> enabled in
> system.

Hi Karl,

See if this can help you.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/11...ssistance.html

Shawn

--
Brink

'*Vista Forums*'
*Please post feedback to help others.*
churin

Re: remote assistance
To establish RA connection someone has to be in front of the remote PC
to respond to prompts during the connection process.