XP Does not detect Vista-hosted LAN Games

6inger|3read@ssassin

XP Does not detect Vista-hosted LAN Games
I've tried everything I can think of; disabling IPv6, LLTD, installing the
LLTD patch on xp, turning off all firewalls, file sharing, etc.. Nothing
seems to work.

I'll start a listen game server on the vista computer because it's mine and
it's much more powerful than the XP computer. When I try to find a server on
the LAN browser, nothing come up. If I host from the XP machine, the Vista
one can see and connect to the XP's server. However, this method costs frames
and gameplay, so hosting a game on the Vista computer is the more viable
idea. This happens in every game.

What could I do to fix this?
Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Re: XP Does not detect Vista-hosted LAN Games
Have you enabled sharing on Vista? Can you ping it by IP? Or check this
link.

Vista sharing issuesSolved: Vista sharing - Access denied ... To share a
folder, ... Cases: Can't share between Vista and XP ... Both Vista and XP
have been enabled the file ...
www.chicagotech.net/vista/vistasharing.htm

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net

"6inger|3read@ssassin" <6inger|3read@ssassin@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message news:A972E802-3E11-4F6B-8091-FC9DC09D1E50@microsoft.com...
> I've tried everything I can think of; disabling IPv6, LLTD, installing the
> LLTD patch on xp, turning off all firewalls, file sharing, etc.. Nothing
> seems to work.
>
> I'll start a listen game server on the vista computer because it's mine
> and
> it's much more powerful than the XP computer. When I try to find a server
> on
> the LAN browser, nothing come up. If I host from the XP machine, the Vista
> one can see and connect to the XP's server. However, this method costs
> frames
> and gameplay, so hosting a game on the Vista computer is the more viable
> idea. This happens in every game.
>
> What could I do to fix this?

6inger|3read@ssassin

Re: XP Does not detect Vista-hosted LAN Games
Sharing is enabled on the Vista machine. I can ping and access shared folders
both ways, but I can't host any LAN games on the Vista machine so that the XP
machine can join.

"Robert L. (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Have you enabled sharing on Vista? Can you ping it by IP? Or check this
> link.
>
> Vista sharing issuesSolved: Vista sharing - Access denied ... To share a
> folder, ... Cases: Can't share between Vista and XP ... Both Vista and XP
> have been enabled the file ...
> www.chicagotech.net/vista/vistasharing.htm
>

> --
> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
> http://www.ChicagoTech.net
> http://www.HowToNetworking.com
>

> "6inger|3read@ssassin" <6inger|3read@ssassin@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote in message news:A972E802-3E11-4F6B-8091-FC9DC09D1E50@microsoft.com...
> > I've tried everything I can think of; disabling IPv6, LLTD, installing the
> > LLTD patch on xp, turning off all firewalls, file sharing, etc.. Nothing
> > seems to work.
> >
> > I'll start a listen game server on the vista computer because it's mine
> > and
> > it's much more powerful than the XP computer. When I try to find a server
> > on
> > the LAN browser, nothing come up. If I host from the XP machine, the Vista
> > one can see and connect to the XP's server. However, this method costs
> > frames
> > and gameplay, so hosting a game on the Vista computer is the more viable
> > idea. This happens in every game.
> >
> > What could I do to fix this?

CR0

6inger|3read;624015 Wrote:
> Sharing is enabled on the Vista machine. I can ping and access shared
> folders
> both ways, but I can't host any LAN games on the Vista machine so that
> the XP
> machine can join.
>
> "Robert L. (MS-MVP)" wrote:
> > > >
> > > Have you enabled sharing on Vista? Can you ping it by IP? Or check

> > this
> > > link.
> > >
> > > Vista sharing issuesSolved: Vista sharing - Access denied ... To

> > share a
> > > folder, ... Cases: Can't share between Vista and XP ... Both Vista

> > and XP
> > > have been enabled the file ...
> > > 'Vista sharing issues'

> > (http://www.chicagotech.net/vista/vistasharing.htm)
> > >

> > > --
> > > Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
> > > Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting on
> > > 'Networking, VPN, TS, Remote Access and Internet Troubleshooting'

> > (http://www.ChicagoTech.net)
> > > How to Setup Windows, Network, VPN & Remote Access on
> > > http://www.HowToNetworking.com
> > >

> > > "6inger|3read@xxxxxx"

> > <6inger|3read@xxxxxx@discussions.microsoft.com>
> > > wrote in message news:A972E802-3E11-4F6B-8091-FC9DC09D1E50@xxxxxx

Hi Try this m8 i had same problem with rainbow 6 vegas. after hours of
serching i found this and now mine works. Good Luck =).

The Vista to XP Lan Games connection problems Solution!!

After trying to play several different lan games with my Vista equipped
machine and not being able to join I finally found the way to make it
work!! OH JOY! SO many forums browsed in vain. Finally I found it. For
all of you, the problem was ipV6.

To fix that problem you need to disable ipv6:

1- Open the Network and Sharing Center in the Control Panel on the
Vista equipped machine

2- Click on the little blue letters "View Status" next to your LAN
connection (my wireless connection for me)

3- Then click on the Properties button (not wireless properties or
anything else, just properties)

4- Click continue on the little annoying pop-up vista window if any

5- Now look for the field under "this connection uses the following
items" there with Client for Microsoft Networks/QoS Packet Scheduler
etc. You should find many of those with little checkboxes next to them.

6- Now i'm not very sure if it's only ipV6 that you need to disable, so
to make sure, do steps 1-5 with you XP equipped machine to check what
they have in that field, and keep the checkboxes checked for only those
items. Uncheck everything else. I uncheked Internet Protocol Version 6
(TCP/IPv6) , and the two Link-Layer ones.

7- Try again to join your lan game it should work fine.

Let me know if this helps ya.

--
CR0
Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Re: XP Does not detect Vista-hosted LAN Games
Thank you for your experience with us.