Setting permissions

Paul W

Setting permissions
Hi all,

I have a vista home premium machine on my network that I use as a server. I
have all my music and pictures etc on the D:\ driver in a folder structure
D:\homemedia\

I have setup a share on this folder I can see it on my network from all my
other Vista Home premium machines and can add files and view files, delete
files etc from this directory. I forgot to mention I have network sharing
enabled and password protected sharing disabled.

Now what I have done before (and cannot remember how) and would like to do
now is configure my homemedia folder on my server pc as read only access. i.e
I can listen to my music and view my pictures from any other pc on my network
but they cannot be deleted, changed or added to. I don't want passwords!

I did figure this out before then restacked the machine and forgot to look
how I did it, now I cannot remember!

Can anyone help please

Regards,

Paul
Mick Murphy

RE: Setting permissions

sharing is enabled in THEIR firewall.

the SAME.

In Vista Network and Sharing:

File Sharing: ON

Docs)

passwords on ALL computers in your Network).

--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia