Shared Printer via Vista

Dan S.

Shared Printer via Vista
I created a local port and added the printer, which is attached via
USB, from my desktop (XP) to my laptop (Vista) using a WiFi network
with only two computers.

The problem is that whenever I set the shared printer as the default on
my laptop, it doesn't stay the default. Vista seems to prefer Windows
XPS Document Writer.

How can I get it to stay the system default on my laptop?

TIA

Dan

Dan S.

Re: Shared Printer via Vista
Dan S. explained on 2/21/2008 :
> I created a local port and added the printer, which is attached via USB, from
> my desktop (XP) to my laptop (Vista) using a WiFi network with only two
> computers.
>
> The problem is that whenever I set the shared printer as the default on my
> laptop, it doesn't stay the default. Vista seems to prefer Windows XPS
> Document Writer.
>
> How can I get it to stay the system default on my laptop?
>
> TIA
>
> Dan

I may need to clarify. The printer is attached to the desktop with a
USB hookup. It is set as a printer on my laptop using the WiFi
network.

Mick Murphy

Re: Shared Printer via Vista
Have you installed the Printer's vista compatible driver in your laptop?
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

"Dan S." wrote:

> Dan S. explained on 2/21/2008 :
> > I created a local port and added the printer, which is attached via USB, from
> > my desktop (XP) to my laptop (Vista) using a WiFi network with only two
> > computers.
> >
> > The problem is that whenever I set the shared printer as the default on my
> > laptop, it doesn't stay the default. Vista seems to prefer Windows XPS
> > Document Writer.
> >
> > How can I get it to stay the system default on my laptop?
> >
> > TIA
> >
> > Dan

> I may need to clarify. The printer is attached to the desktop with a
> USB hookup. It is set as a printer on my laptop using the WiFi
> network.

Dan S.

Re: Shared Printer via Vista
Mick Murphy formulated on Friday :
> Have you installed the Printer's vista compatible driver in your laptop?
> --
> Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

I'm not sure. My model of printer didn't come up on the list of
printers, so I used the CD -- obviously created pre-Vista.

I'll check the Samsung website.

Dan