When this Password Protected Sharing is turned off then Guest is enabled. If
the Guest has a password set, then Guest account doesn't play the guest
account role consequently, which can cause Password Protected Sharing to
To resolve this issue, try following the steps to ensure no password has
1. Right-click Computer and click Manage.
2. Under Local Users and Groups, click Users.
3. Right-click Guest, click Set Password, and then click Proceed.
4. Leave the Password fields blank and click Ok. This will ensure no
password has been set.
5. After that, try turning off Password Protected Sharing and see if it
Microsoft MVP (Windows Networking)
"Jazzstudio" <Jazzstudio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've tried turning off password protection in Network and Sharing Centre,
> no matter how many times I select "Turn off sharing" and then click APPLY,
> just doesn't turn off!!! The on button remains!
> Please, could someone advise? Vista Business