how to set up password for a lan network.

Neerav

how to set up password for a lan network.
i have two vista machines connecting to a home router. i want to set up a
password for the network. that is, whenever any machines makes an attempt to
connect to the network a password is required. this is to prevent my
neighbour with a wirless mac from using my broadband which the router
initiates for me.

Neerav

Dave

Re: how to set up password for a lan network.
Do it in your wireless router.
Under the Wireless security settings, use WPA or WPA2
it will generate a shared key that you have to use in order to connect.
Use this key on your 2 computers, if they are accessing wirelessly.
And change the router username & password from the default.

--
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview

"Neerav" <abc@xyz.com> wrote in message
> i have two vista machines connecting to a home router. i want to set up a
> password for the network. that is, whenever any machines makes an attempt
> to connect to the network a password is required. this is to prevent my
> neighbour with a wirless mac from using my broadband which the router
> initiates for me.
>
> Neerav

Neerav

Re: how to set up password for a lan network.
1 is wireless and other is wired.

Neerav

"Dave" <dave@beepbeep.com> wrote in message
> Do it in your wireless router.
> Under the Wireless security settings, use WPA or WPA2
> it will generate a shared key that you have to use in order to connect.
> Use this key on your 2 computers, if they are accessing wirelessly.
> And change the router username & password from the default.
>

> --
> http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview
>

> "Neerav" <abc@xyz.com> wrote in message
>> i have two vista machines connecting to a home router. i want to set up
>> a password for the network. that is, whenever any machines makes an
>> attempt to connect to the network a password is required. this is to
>> prevent my neighbour with a wirless mac from using my broadband which the
>> router initiates for me.
>>
>> Neerav

Dave

Re: how to set up password for a lan network.
Then you only need to use the key on the wireless computer.... it won't
affect the wired one.