Network Repair Wizard keep launching

Ehlersgrub

Network Repair Wizard keep launching
Everytime I turn on my computer Network Repair Wizard launches and screws up
my DSL modem. The modem is connected with an Ethernet cable. I usually end
up having to power down the model to make it work again. If I catch the
wizard in time and shut it down everything is OK. How do I stop the wizard
from launching? Thanks.

Bruce
Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Re: Network Repair Wizard keep launching
Hi
There is Not enough info to solve such problem.
What type of computer? Which OS? How the Internet connection is configured?
The Network Repair process does not usually start by itself.
Try to look at the Startup and see if there is something there that does not
belong and start the network repair process.
http://www.ezlan.net/infestation.html#startup
If you are connecting directly from a computer to a DSL Modem it might be
that the trouble is related to a Quirky PPPOE configuration.
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Ehlersgrub" <Ehlersgrub@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Everytime I turn on my computer Network Repair Wizard launches and screws
> up
> my DSL modem. The modem is connected with an Ethernet cable. I usually
> end
> up having to power down the model to make it work again. If I catch the
> wizard in time and shut it down everything is OK. How do I stop the
> wizard
> from launching? Thanks.
>
> Bruce

Ehlersgrub

Re: Network Repair Wizard keep launching
Sorry. I thought by default I was on a Vista website.
Vista Home Premium
Dell Vostro 400
Core @ Duo, 2.33 GHz

I'll try what you mention below. Thanks.