Offline Files manual synchronization fails

CG

Offline Files manual synchronization fails
I am unable to get the sync center to work properly with offline
files. I have a Toshiba laptop with Vista Business (Italian) fully
patched.

Here is what happens:
- I can right click any folder on the network and make it available
offline; it makes available the entire folder and its subfolders;
completes without errors;
- if I ask to synchronize manually, I get errors of various types:
"Unable to sync at this time. Please try again", "Internal error";
- if I go back and right click the folders that contain the fires that
have changed, I get the same errors; if, however, I right-click the
individual file and click on synchronize, it completes without errors.

I have tried all of the following to no avail:
- take ownership of all the folders on the network;
- take ownership of the CSC folder;
- tried on shares on Server 2003, XP Pro SP2 and XP Media
Center;within and outside a domain;
- newly created and existing folders;
- FormatDatabase several times;
- instruct the computer to sync at logon;
- tried with administrators or restricted users;
- installed the following hotfixes: KB935663, KB938092, KB938979,
KB941067, KB942845, KB922120;
- removed any firewall, antivirus and similar software that might be
interfering with network traffic.

Nothing meaningful shows in the event viewer.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
CG
mircea.cun@gmail.com

Re: Offline Files manual synchronization fails

I experienced the same same issue and at the end Toshiba's Fingerprint
software/driver proved to be guilty... Uninstall True Suite Access
Manager, reboot, and your sync will work!

Mike
CG

On 20 Feb, 20:44, CG <Carlo.Ga...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am unable to get the sync center to work properly with offline
> files. I have a Toshiba laptop with Vista Business (Italian) fully
> patched.
>
> Here is what happens:
> - I can right click any folder on the network and make it available
> offline; it makes available the entire folder and its subfolders;
> completes without errors;
> - if I ask to synchronize manually, I get errors of various types:
> "Unable to sync at this time. Please try again", "Internal error";
> - if I go back and right click the folders that contain the fires that
> have changed, I get the same errors; if, however, I right-click the
> individual file and click on synchronize, it completes without errors.
>
> I have tried all of the following to no avail:
> - take ownership of all the folders on the network;
> - take ownership of the CSC folder;
> - tried on shares on Server 2003, XP Pro SP2 and XP Media
> Center;within and outside a domain;
> - newly created and existing folders;
> - FormatDatabase several times;
> - instruct the computer to sync at logon;
> - tried with administrators or restricted users;
> - installed the following hotfixes: KB935663, KB938092, KB938979,
> KB941067, KB942845, KB922120;
> - removed any firewall, antivirus and similar software that might be
> interfering with network traffic.
>
> Nothing meaningful shows in the event viewer.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> CG

In replying to this post in
http://www.vistax64.com/vista-networ...ion-fails.html
mircea.cun solved my problem. This made my day! Thanks!