Network Adapters and 6to4 Adapter

Martin

Network Adapters and 6to4 Adapter
Hi
I am still trying to get some help for this. In Device Manager, under
Network Adapters I get a list of 20 approx items all with yellow triangle
warnings (apart from 2). The first ones are Microsoft 6to4 Adapters. Info
says drivers are up to date,but I get an error code 31. Details: Message
"This device is not working properly because windows cannot load the drivers
required for this device" (Code 31). Have checked for solutions, but says
there are none. I get similar warnings for the other 20 items shown. What do
I do now please? (I am using an Acer laptop, with Vista Ultimate OS)
Thanks
Martin
--
Martin
Martin

RE: Network Adapters and 6to4 Adapter
Continued...from Martin. I have now found an article (in Microsoft Help &
Support) which I think applies (not sure). In Microsoft search box type in
932520. IF this applies, it says 'you can safely ignore this error message'.
trouble is I have about 20 such error messages!
--
Martin

"Martin" wrote:

> Hi
> I am still trying to get some help for this. In Device Manager, under
> Network Adapters I get a list of 20 approx items all with yellow triangle
> warnings (apart from 2). The first ones are Microsoft 6to4 Adapters. Info
> says drivers are up to date,but I get an error code 31. Details: Message
> "This device is not working properly because windows cannot load the drivers
> required for this device" (Code 31). Have checked for solutions, but says
> there are none. I get similar warnings for the other 20 items shown. What do
> I do now please? (I am using an Acer laptop, with Vista Ultimate OS)
> Thanks
> Martin
> --
> Martin

Alan Biddle

Re: Network Adapters and 6to4 Adapter
I have a Dell, Vista Pro, and when it came it had a 6to4 adapter
flagged. After a couple of months ignoring it, I called tech support.
The explanation I got was that probably the image on the HD did not
match the precise hardware configuration, and that I could delete it.
It if was needed, it would reinstall, and if not, it would go away.
After doing a full HD backup, I deleted the driver, and rebooted. No
driver, and after almost 3 weeks, no problems of any sort. As always,
YMMV, and be certain to have a solid backup..

--
Alan
AmbassadorWorld

RE: Network Adapters and 6to4 Adapter
I FOUND THE FOLLOWING INFO THAT MAY HELP FROM A MICROSOFT FORUM MODERATOR
THAT MAY HELP YOU ALSO AT -
http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/...745&SiteID=17:

Hello B. Addy,

Thanks for your post!

6to4 adapter is a component used for transmitting IPv6 packets trough IPv4
network correctly.

In some scenarios, there will be a code 31 or code 10 error appearing beside
this component. A possible reason is, the network adapter doesn’t support
this feature. You may update the driver for your network adapter or chipset,
and then try to uninstall and reinstall the this component.

To uninstall the component, right-click the item in Device Manager and
select Uninstall.

To reinstall the component, in Device Manager, Action – Add Legacy Hardware
– Next – “Install the hardware that I manually select from a list” – Network
adapters – Microsoft – Microsoft 6to4 Adapter – Next – Finish the wizard.

If the steps above doesn’t solve the problem, your network adapter is not a
supportive one for this component. You can completely ignore this error, if
there isn’t IPv6 network deployed in the environment. The error won’t affect
your system.

To remove the error message, please right-click the Command Prompt and run
as administrator, type the command netsh in 6to4 set state disable, press
Enter. The component will be disabled and hidden.

Hope it helps!

Regards,

Lionel Chen

Microsoft Online Community Support

"Martin" wrote:

> Hi
> I am still trying to get some help for this. In Device Manager, under
> Network Adapters I get a list of 20 approx items all with yellow triangle
> warnings (apart from 2). The first ones are Microsoft 6to4 Adapters. Info
> says drivers are up to date,but I get an error code 31. Details: Message
> "This device is not working properly because windows cannot load the drivers
> required for this device" (Code 31). Have checked for solutions, but says
> there are none. I get similar warnings for the other 20 items shown. What do
> I do now please? (I am using an Acer laptop, with Vista Ultimate OS)
> Thanks
> Martin
> --
> Martin

jaco

"Martin" wrote:

> Hi
> I am still trying to get some help for this. In Device Manager, under
> Network Adapters I get a list of 20 approx items all with yellow triangle
> warnings (apart from 2). The first ones are Microsoft 6to4 Adapters. Info
> says drivers are up to date,but I get an error code 31. Details: Message
> "This device is not working properly because windows cannot load the drivers
> required for this device" (Code 31). Have checked for solutions, but says
> there are none. I get similar warnings for the other 20 items shown. What do
> I do now please? (I am using an Acer laptop, with Vista Ultimate OS)
> Thanks
> Martin
> --
> Martin

madeinar

RE: Network Adapters and 6to4 Adapter
Well every time I turn my laptop on, it says "found new hardware" so I always
try to find and install new hardware, but it always fails to do so.
I'm 15, and I seriously don't know what to do about it.
Any help?