"server execution failed"

When I click on Network and Sharing Center in Control Panel, I get a blank
window for about a minute, then a window where the top entry is "Unknown"
and below it, "Server Execution Failed." There are also 0 clickable links in
the window, either on the left or in all the options below, though I should
be able to click on several things to do. In fact, the cursor never changes
to the "clickable link" thingie; just stays an arrow.

Everything was working fine earlier yesterday, with my networked computers
being discovered and displayed OK. But something happened somewhere and I
don't know how to get back to the way it was.

The only thing I did was uninstall Spyware Terminator and install a Vista
Update. But I think it was working after the update, but not sure if it was
immediately after the ST uninstall.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
John

Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Re: "server execution failed"
We see more and more cases like this one. You may want to add administrator
to local service. Or this search result may help.

Vista ErrorsNo mapping between account names and security IDs was done · No
network - server execution failed · Red X on my network icon/server
execution failed ...
www.chicagotech.net/vista/vistaerrors.htm

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net

"A" <a@a.net> wrote in message
> When I click on Network and Sharing Center in Control Panel, I get a blank
> window for about a minute, then a window where the top entry is "Unknown"
> and below it, "Server Execution Failed." There are also 0 clickable links
> in the window, either on the left or in all the options below, though I
> should be able to click on several things to do. In fact, the cursor never
> changes to the "clickable link" thingie; just stays an arrow.
>
> Everything was working fine earlier yesterday, with my networked computers
> being discovered and displayed OK. But something happened somewhere and I
> don't know how to get back to the way it was.
>
> The only thing I did was uninstall Spyware Terminator and install a Vista
> Update. But I think it was working after the update, but not sure if it
> was immediately after the ST uninstall.
>
> Can anyone help?
>
> Thanks,
> John