ADSL link loss on "wake". Vista Ultimate and Linksys Router

David Hearn

ADSL link loss on "wake". Vista Ultimate and Linksys Router
Hi,

I have been using Vista Ultimate on a hi spec ASUS PC for 6 months.

ADSL connection is wired, through a Linksys WAG325N router.

I am using a fixed IP address internally, but other PC's (children - and all
XP) are DHCP.

I have become very frustrated with the ADSL link being lost, specifically
when my PC is turned on, or woken from sleep. Link loss doesn't always
happen, just sometimes. I can find no systematic reason for it to occur.

I have disables IPv6, as suggested in other threads here - with no effect.

Any other suggestions?

david

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Re: ADSL link loss on "wake". Vista Ultimate and Linksys Router
Hi
Make sure that the Wireless card is Not set to save power. Saving Power
switches off the card and result in losing the connection.
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"David Hearn" <mscomms@hernibles.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have been using Vista Ultimate on a hi spec ASUS PC for 6 months.
>
> ADSL connection is wired, through a Linksys WAG325N router.
>
> I am using a fixed IP address internally, but other PC's (children - and
> all XP) are DHCP.
>
> I have become very frustrated with the ADSL link being lost, specifically
> when my PC is turned on, or woken from sleep. Link loss doesn't always
> happen, just sometimes. I can find no systematic reason for it to occur.
>
> I have disables IPv6, as suggested in other threads here - with no effect.
>
> Any other suggestions?
>
> david

Vortex3

Re: ADSL link loss on "wake". Vista Ultimate and Linksys Router
Thanks Jack.

I should clarify that this PC is wired though. Only wireless thing in my
home is a Wii

Also link loss occurs during the "bootup/wakeup" process. It does not occur
when it is shut down, or made to sleep!

What about uPnP (which is a complete mystery to me). Could the PC be in
some way "commanding" a router restart?

david