Highspeed dial up

teebank

Highspeed dial up
I am unable to have DSL in my area. My internet provider for dial up in
earthlink. However when I ask about high speed dial up they told me it was
not available to Windows Vista. Any suggestions
Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Re: Highspeed dial up
Hi
I do not know what is their concoction of High Speed Dialup is. Since their
is No standard High Speed DialUp, their own concoction software probably was
not upgraded by them to work with Vista.
In any case your best bet is to look for Wireless Internet, or satellite
Internet.
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"teebank" <teebank@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am unable to have DSL in my area. My internet provider for dial up in
> earthlink. However when I ask about high speed dial up they told me it was
> not available to Windows Vista. Any suggestions

Dustin Harper

Re: Highspeed dial up
High speed dialup is usually a sort of caching program for the OS. It starts
downloading the pages from the links on the webpage before you click on
them, making it seem faster. While the connection itself isn't faster, the
browsing speed is. However, their software probably isn't Vista compatible
yet.

You may look into satellite (which can be slow at times), or wireless (if
available in your area).

--
Dustin Harper
dharper@vistarip.com

"teebank" <teebank@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am unable to have DSL in my area. My internet provider for dial up in
> earthlink. However when I ask about high speed dial up they told me it was
> not available to Windows Vista. Any suggestions

Andrew Rossmann

Re: Highspeed dial up
In article <FE835338-5200-4D5C-B156-A664B6DD0D3B@microsoft.com>,
dharper@vistarip.com says...
> High speed dialup is usually a sort of caching program for the OS. It starts
> downloading the pages from the links on the webpage before you click on
> them, making it seem faster. While the connection itself isn't faster, the
> browsing speed is. However, their software probably isn't Vista compatible
> yet.

There is usually more to it. Many work with the ISP's server and will
compress graphics into fuzziness to reduce their size.

law!!
http://home.att.net/~andyross