Vista Business Having problems maintaining mapping to Vista Ultimate Share

tinkertech is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Vista Business Having problems maintaining mapping to Vista Ultimate Share
I have a small business client that recently upgraded from W98 to Vista! The first two machines we installed were Vista Ultimate. One of the machines has an inventory database that is shared. The second VISTA Ultimate has a mapped drive to this shared folder and works as expected. Next we added a third machine running Vista Business and it also has a mapped drive to the share on the first Vista Ultimate machine. This mapping was created using the "logon as another user" and "restore connection" options. Everything works fine until this third machine is restarted. When it boots up we get the message that "Not all Network Shares could be reconnected", even though the first two machines are up and running as they should. If you explore to this network share, double-click on it and enter the password again, then the mapping is complete. This is a nuisance for my client and I would like to know what to do to correct this so they do not need to enter a password every time? Thank you.
Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Vista Business Having problems maintaining mapping to Vista Ultimate Share
This post may help.

Not all Network Shares could be reconnected
We have seen many cases like thin one in XP. If you logon username and
mapping username are different, you may see this message. We may have two
options to fix it.
http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums...hp?p=5264#5264

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE