How to have more than one LAN connection in the Newtork Connection

=?Utf-8?B?V2llc2xhdw==?=

How to have more than one LAN connection in the Newtork Connection
In one of the offices I work I need to set up a connection with “use the
following IP addresses”, and in other one I use “Obtain an IP Address
automatically.”
Each time I need to change setting when moving from one office to another.
How to have them available and select the one I need?
How two have BOTH LAN or High Speed Connection” visible in Network Connections
--
Wieslaw, France
Sooner Al [MVP]

Re: How to have more than one LAN connection in the Newtork Connection
"Wieslaw" <wieslaw@discussions.microsoft.com.> wrote in message
> In one of the offices I work I need to set up a connection with “use the
> following IP addresses”, and in other one I use “Obtain an IP Address
> automatically.”
> Each time I need to change setting when moving from one office to another.
> How to have them available and select the one I need?
> How two have BOTH LAN or High Speed Connection” visible in Network
> Connections
> --
> Wieslaw, France

You could use the network adapters alternate configuration window. Go into
the properties for TCP/IPv4 and select the Advanced -> Alternate
Configuration tab...

Here is the XP article that talks about this...

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/283676

--

Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

mutual benefit of all of us...
rights...

=?Utf-8?B?V2llc2xhdw==?=

Re: How to have more than one LAN connection in the Newtork Connec
Thanks Al.
Does it mean that only 2 (two) LAN, wired, networks accesses can be
configurated?
What about three? Alos it would mean that connections are not visible in
Networks Connections window and no way to give names to each connection...
--
Wieslaw, France

"Sooner Al [MVP]" wrote:

> "Wieslaw" <wieslaw@discussions.microsoft.com.> wrote in message
> > In one of the offices I work I need to set up a connection with “use the
> > following IP addresses”, and in other one I use “Obtain an IP Address
> > automatically.”
> > Each time I need to change setting when moving from one office to another.
> > How to have them available and select the one I need?
> > How two have BOTH LAN or High Speed Connection” visible in Network
> > Connections
> > --
> > Wieslaw, France

> You could use the network adapters alternate configuration window. Go into
> the properties for TCP/IPv4 and select the Advanced -> Alternate
> Configuration tab...
>
> Here is the XP article that talks about this...
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/283676
>
> --
>
> Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

> mutual benefit of all of us...
> rights...

CJM

> Thanks Al.
> Does it mean that only 2 (two) LAN, wired, networks accesses can be
> configurated?
> What about three? Alos it would mean that connections are not visible in
> Networks Connections window and no way to give names to each connection...
> --
> Wieslaw, France

There are various 3rd-party utilities that are freely available that manage
the network. I don't have a name to hand - I don't use them myself.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?num=2...er&btnG=Search

Sooner Al [MVP]

Re: How to have more than one LAN connection in the Newtork Connec
"Wieslaw" <wieslaw@discussions.microsoft.com.> wrote in message
> Thanks Al.
> Does it mean that only 2 (two) LAN, wired, networks accesses can be
> configurated?
> What about three? Alos it would mean that connections are not visible in
> Networks Connections window and no way to give names to each connection...
> --
> Wieslaw, France

That's a bit different...

You could look at third-partly applications like CJM noted in his/her reply.
Netswitcher gets good reviews. I just don't know if it supports Vista yet.
You could try running it in XP SP2 compatibility mode.

http://www.netswitcher.com

--

Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

mutual benefit of all of us...
rights...

=?Utf-8?B?V2llc2xhdw==?=

Re: How to have more than one LAN connection in the Newtork Connec
Thnaks Al.
Will try.

But the question remains - why MS does not offer simple way to do it?A
priori it looks so simple to be able to crerate few LAN profiles...
--
Wieslaw, France