Sharing Files on Network.

ADH

Sharing Files on Network.
Have posted part of this before. Have Vista and Xp Pro computers on network
(Workgroup). Am able to see and access files from Vista unit. Can see XP Pro
unit but am not able to (Access it) Access Denied. Have setup identical
usernames and passwords on both, but am getting nowhere. Need help.
--
ADH
Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Re: Sharing Files on Network.
Hi
http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
allowed to be shared.
Vista File and Printer Sharing-
Windows XP File Sharing -
Printer Sharing XP -
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922120
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"ADH" <ADH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Have posted part of this before. Have Vista and Xp Pro computers on
> network
> (Workgroup). Am able to see and access files from Vista unit. Can see XP
> Pro
> unit but am not able to (Access it) Access Denied. Have setup identical
> usernames and passwords on both, but am getting nowhere. Need help.
> --
> ADH

Mick Murphy

RE: Sharing Files on Network.

sharing is enabled in THEIR firewall.

the SAME.

In Vista Network and Sharing:

File Sharing: ON

Docs)

from an XP computer.

Also, run the XP’s Home Network File and Printer Sharing Wizard to include
Vista in your “New” Network, even if you had an XP Network set up prior to
adding a Vista computer to it.

--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

"ADH" wrote:

> Have posted part of this before. Have Vista and Xp Pro computers on network
> (Workgroup). Am able to see and access files from Vista unit. Can see XP Pro
> unit but am not able to (Access it) Access Denied. Have setup identical
> usernames and passwords on both, but am getting nowhere. Need help.
> --
> ADH

ADH

RE: Sharing Files on Network.
Have done all that was suggested buit am still not able to Share, keep
getting the "Access is Denied" see your local network Administrator. Better
check under the desk for him, (Joke). When I open Explorer and R/Click on
Properties, under the General tab I always see "Read Only" and cant change
that at all. But I should at least be able to see that folder from the other
computer anyway. Is there a correct proceedure for going about this mess they
call "Sharing". Some Tree with the order in which it is to be done. As it is
there is no suggested order at all.
--
ADH

"Mick Murphy" wrote:

> Permissions/Share info is there as well.
>
> If using Norton, McAfee, Trend Micro I.S., make sure file and printer
> sharing is enabled in THEIR firewall.
>
> 1st thing to do is make sure that the Workgroup Name of ALL the computers is
> the SAME.
>
> In Vista Network and Sharing:

> File Sharing: ON
>
> Public Folder Sharing: ON (Vista’s Public Folder is the same as XP’s Shared
> Docs)

> passwords on ALL computers in your Network) If you have it ON, you will be
> asked for a username and password when you try to access a Vista computer
> from an XP computer.
>
> Also, run the XP’s Home Network File and Printer Sharing Wizard to include
> Vista in your “New” Network, even if you had an XP Network set up prior to
> adding a Vista computer to it.
>
> --
> Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia
>

> "ADH" wrote:
>
> > Have posted part of this before. Have Vista and Xp Pro computers on network
> > (Workgroup). Am able to see and access files from Vista unit. Can see XP Pro
> > unit but am not able to (Access it) Access Denied. Have setup identical
> > usernames and passwords on both, but am getting nowhere. Need help.
> > --
> > ADH

ADH

RE: Sharing Files on Network.
Someone surely must know the correct sequence for setting up file permissions
on an XP Pro computer. Am able to see XP computer from Vista computer but
cant get access to it even though I have set up identical names and passwords
on them. Can access files on the Vista computer from the XP computer okay.
--
ADH