networking

kenas

networking
I have a new computer using Vista Ultimate connected to a laptop with Vista
business edition through a router. Both computers can see the network and
the internet but the lap top can not access my 2 printers on the main
computer although it can see them. All the settings are OK. I changed the
router without success and I have tried the laptop on another network and it
connected instantly. This implies that there is something wrong with the
settings on the main computer but I have been unable to find anything wrong,
nor has a consultant who spent a day trying to sort it out. I am computer
literate but not completely confident with networking. Any suggestions?
--
ken
Mick Murphy

RE: networking

Vista file and Printer sharing Link.

Cheers!

"kenas" wrote:

> I have a new computer using Vista Ultimate connected to a laptop with Vista
> business edition through a router. Both computers can see the network and
> the internet but the lap top can not access my 2 printers on the main
> computer although it can see them. All the settings are OK. I changed the
> router without success and I have tried the laptop on another network and it
> connected instantly. This implies that there is something wrong with the
> settings on the main computer but I have been unable to find anything wrong,
> nor has a consultant who spent a day trying to sort it out. I am computer
> literate but not completely confident with networking. Any suggestions?
> --
> ken

kenas

RE: networking
Tried all that. 2 other computer guys have tried to help and tried everything
we can think of to no effect. Seems to be a Vista permissions problem but we
have checked those too. Could it be a compatibility problem between Ultimate
and Business or Home versions working together? Each computer sees the other
and both ping OK but still can not access files or printers.
--
ken