A notebook cannot send a single net package using Vista Buisness

Sasha

A notebook cannot send a single net package using Vista Buisness
Hello, friends.

I've got Vista Home Basic with my Toshiba U200-10K. When I tried to connect
to the Internet, using an ADSl-modem, following trouble has appeared:

The Internet connection has been established and the computer has got a
dinamic IP, but I can't open any site. The problem is the PC cannot send a
single net package to the network (I used "ping"), but only gets traffic. The
Windows fire wall has been shut down and its service has been disabled. None
anti-virus programms or other fire walls were installed. The network adapter
(Intel PRO/100 VE Network connection) has the latest version of driver.

I had installed the WindowsXP on the notebook and the problem has
disappeared at all. Next I bought the Windows Vista Buisness, thinking
there's a problem in a recovery Vista disc I got with the PC. I've installed
Vista Buisness and the trouble came again. I canot get to the Internet,
cannot register Windows, cannot get any updates. So, no doubt, that's a
problem of Windows Vista.

My service center said the Windows is not their problem. I've written to the
Toshiba, but they can't give me any usefull advice, except "Shut down the
fire wall" (what I tried for thousand times). I wrote to the Intel with the
same result, namely, "such type of adapters is not our problem, ask your
motherboard's manufacturer". I gave way to despair, I tried everything I
could, I don't know what I can do now and what for I've spent so much money
for that Vista.

If anybody has some ideas of problem fixing, all your suggestions will be
very much appreciated.

Buy

Mick Murphy

RE: A notebook cannot send a single net package using Vista Buisness
You probably need an updated vista Network Adaptor Driver for your laptop.
Go to toshiba's website, and see if they have that driver for your laptop
model.

Or, right-click on Network Connections> Properties>Untick(unbind) TCP/IPv6.

It is causing probs with some ISPs
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia