NSI Proxy Service won't start

hawk135@googlemail.com

NSI Proxy Service won't start
My interweb (internet) connection dissappeared for no apparent
reason :-( and near as i can tell the network connection won't start
cause the service(s) it depends on haven't started, and these
services, (tcp/ip, dchp, etc.) won't start cause they're all dependent
on the nsi proxy service which won't start cause, it's not there :-S

Yes you read that correctly;

it's there in the services list, but it won't start, it returns the
error message "windows could not start the nsi service on local
computer. error 193: 0xc1" when i try to start it.

it's status shows "failed to read description. error code: 2"

and when i click properties i get error "configuration manager: a
general internal error occured." followed by error "the system could
not find the file specified." not that i have a clue what the 'file
specified' is or where it's supposed to be.

i tried system restore to no avail, and my best guess is that the file
it needs up and vanished like a fart in the wind, if thats the case
can any one tell me what file it is, what directory it's in and where
i can get a copy for vista x64.

If that's not the case can anyone tell me what the case is, i've been
without interweb for a while now, i can't say how long it's been cause
without a connection it's hard to say when one day ends and another
begins.

all help appreciated :-)
David Barrett-Hague

RE: NSI Proxy Service won't start
The same has happen to me, did you get a resolution?
--
Regards Dave

"hawk135@googlemail.com" wrote:

> My interweb (internet) connection dissappeared for no apparent
> reason :-( and near as i can tell the network connection won't start
> cause the service(s) it depends on haven't started, and these
> services, (tcp/ip, dchp, etc.) won't start cause they're all dependent
> on the nsi proxy service which won't start cause, it's not there :-S
>
> Yes you read that correctly;
>
> it's there in the services list, but it won't start, it returns the
> error message "windows could not start the nsi service on local
> computer. error 193: 0xc1" when i try to start it.
>
> it's status shows "failed to read description. error code: 2"
>
> and when i click properties i get error "configuration manager: a
> general internal error occured." followed by error "the system could
> not find the file specified." not that i have a clue what the 'file
> specified' is or where it's supposed to be.
>
> i tried system restore to no avail, and my best guess is that the file
> it needs up and vanished like a fart in the wind, if thats the case
> can any one tell me what file it is, what directory it's in and where
> i can get a copy for vista x64.
>
> If that's not the case can anyone tell me what the case is, i've been
> without interweb for a while now, i can't say how long it's been cause
> without a connection it's hard to say when one day ends and another
> begins.
>
> all help appreciated :-)

AvanteWebDesign.com is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Fixed It!
David and Hawk135,

I had the same problem, but after a lot of searching I got a fix. First, you need to check out Some Windows Vista functions may not work, or Windows Vista may stop responding. After following those steps I found that the nsisvc.dll file was corrupt. I then followed the steps at the bottom of the article quoted above and replaced the file from another Vista machine I have. If you don't have another Vista machine, look for the dll on the recovery disk from a friend. After replacing the file I got connected.

Barlow Tucker
Avante Web Design

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Barrett-Hague View Post