Cant see wireless network with vista

Triggs

Cant see wireless network with vista
Hi Folks, I have a wireless router on a cable modem and works OK with XP but
I can't see the network using my new machine with Vista. I can see my
neighbours networks and I can connect to the unsecured ones but my own
network does not apear on the available networks list on the Vista machine.
Hope someone can help with this one.

Thank in antisipation. TRIGGS
Charlie

Re: Cant see wireless network with vista
Turn on "Broadcast SSID" in your router.
"Triggs" <Triggs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Folks, I have a wireless router on a cable modem and works OK with XP
> but
> I can't see the network using my new machine with Vista. I can see my
> neighbours networks and I can connect to the unsecured ones but my own
> network does not apear on the available networks list on the Vista
> machine.
> Hope someone can help with this one.
>
> Thank in antisipation. TRIGGS

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Re: Cant see wireless network with vista
Hi
Make sure that your Router's SSID is broadcasting.
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Triggs" <Triggs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Folks, I have a wireless router on a cable modem and works OK with XP
> but
> I can't see the network using my new machine with Vista. I can see my
> neighbours networks and I can connect to the unsecured ones but my own
> network does not apear on the available networks list on the Vista
> machine.
> Hope someone can help with this one.
>
> Thank in antisipation. TRIGGS

Mick Murphy

RE: Cant see wireless network with vista
Make sure that your router has the latest Vista compatible firmware
downloaded from the router's manufacturer's website.

Also, that your Network Adaptor hasthe latest Drivers

sharing is enabled in THEIR firewall.

the SAME.

In Vista Network and Sharing:

File Sharing: ON

Docs)

from an XP computer.

Also, run the XP’s Home Network File and Printer Sharing Wizard to include
Vista in your “New” Network, even if you had an XP Network set up prior to
adding a Vista computer to it.

"Triggs" wrote:

> Hi Folks, I have a wireless router on a cable modem and works OK with XP but
> I can't see the network using my new machine with Vista. I can see my
> neighbours networks and I can connect to the unsecured ones but my own
> network does not apear on the available networks list on the Vista machine.
> Hope someone can help with this one.
>
> Thank in antisipation. TRIGGS

Triggs

RE: Cant see wireless network with vista
Thanks for your suggestions folks, I overcame the problem by buying a new
wireless router.

Triggs

"Triggs" wrote:

> Hi Folks, I have a wireless router on a cable modem and works OK with XP but
> I can't see the network using my new machine with Vista. I can see my
> neighbours networks and I can connect to the unsecured ones but my own
> network does not apear on the available networks list on the Vista machine.
> Hope someone can help with this one.
>
> Thank in antisipation. TRIGGS

JW

Re: Cant see wireless network with vista
Out of curiosity did you try changing the Wireless channel to the lowest or
highest channel number?