Another network

Johnny G.

Another network
I have network two computers together (Office, & Family Room. All the icons
show in the network screen on both of the computers. My office computer will
let me into the family room computer but my family will not let me into the
office. Don't know much about computers, what do I do? Office & Family Room
are both running Windows XP both computers are idenacal.
--
Johnny G.
Mick Murphy

RE: Another network
In XP, open Control Panel>Netwok Connectios> Set up a Home Network in the
left-hand column.

Run the Wizard to set up File and Printer Sharing on BOTH computers.

Also, if you have Norton IS, McAfee, etc, make sure it is allowed in it's
Firewall

"Johnny G." wrote:

> I have network two computers together (Office, & Family Room. All the icons
> show in the network screen on both of the computers. My office computer will
> let me into the family room computer but my family will not let me into the
> office. Don't know much about computers, what do I do? Office & Family Room
> are both running Windows XP both computers are idenacal.
> --
> Johnny G.

Mick Murphy

RE: Another network
The Workgroup names(NOT computer name) should be the same, but check.

Start>Right-click Computer>Left-click Properties>Com Name>Change>Workgroup
name will be down the bottom.

Check in both computers, and make sure workgroup names are the same are the
same