Can't access shares on system drive after installation of McAfee Security Center

Balroc

Can't access shares on system drive after installation of McAfee Security Center
I have a home network where a Windows XP Pro desktop system with 2 drives is
a shared server of folders to my Vista Ultimate notebook. Recently, my
Norton subscription was up and I switched to McAfee Security Suite , which
is free from my ISP - Comcast. Since then, I cannot access any shared
folders on my C drive (e.go. My Documents). I get an error stating "Not
enough server storage is available to process this command." I have 4
shares on my CO drive and all return the same error. However, Shares on the
D drive work fine. Login credentials for each are the same. Printer shares
still work fine.

I've seen postings regarding tweaking IRPStack Size and I bumped up that
value by 3 twice and then tried it at the max of 50. Problem remains.

Ideas appreciated.

TIA

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Re: Can't access shares on system drive after installation of McAfee Security Center
Hi
Make sure that every thing related to the Norton is out (some stuff stays
after the Uninstall).
You can use these two utilities (Startup & Process Explorer) to find out,
http://www.ezlan.net/infestation#startup
Then set again the IRPStack Size.
If it does No help get rid of McAfee too, and refresh the Network Settings.
When every thing works well try the additional security suit again.
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Balroc" <liametavirp@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:vOSdncYscbQhsS7anZ2dnUVZ_rqlnZ2d@comcast.com. ..
>I have a home network where a Windows XP Pro desktop system with 2 drives
>is a shared server of folders to my Vista Ultimate notebook. Recently, my
>Norton subscription was up and I switched to McAfee Security Suite , which
>is free from my ISP - Comcast. Since then, I cannot access any shared
>folders on my C drive (e.go. My Documents). I get an error stating "Not
>enough server storage is available to process this command." I have 4
>shares on my CO drive and all return the same error. However, Shares on
>the D drive work fine. Login credentials for each are the same. Printer
>shares still work fine.
>
> I've seen postings regarding tweaking IRPStack Size and I bumped up that
> value by 3 twice and then tried it at the max of 50. Problem remains.
>
> Ideas appreciated.
>
> TIA

Mick Murphy

RE: Can't access shares on system drive after installation of McAfee S
Go into your user profile in McAfee Firewall, in the exceptions, and see if
it is allowed.