How do I change WEP to WPA to fix network connection?

Patrick V

How do I change WEP to WPA to fix network connection?
My Belkin network adapter (F5D9050UK) recognises my home Airport network (and
the networks of several neighbours). Device Manager says the Belkin is
working correctly. However, it won't connect to the WWW. It prompts for a WEP
password, which I enter, and which works for other XP computers in the
network but then fails to connect this one, with the message 'Connection
failed'.

The diagnostics say that the problem can't be fixed. I've downloaded the
latest drivers from Belkin and installed them and I've had this network
adapter working on this PC before a system restore. I want to change the WEP
setting to WPA in case this is the problem, but I can't find the option
anywhere to change the WEP to WPA or to try the TKIP option. I go to network
center, but none of the options seem to allow me to go anywhere near the
WPA/WEP/TKIP/AES settings. Help.
--
patrick v
Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Re: How do I change WEP to WPA to fix network connection?
Hi
It seems that something is wrong with the Wireless setting of the computer.
May be this can Help.

As for Wireless Security.
From the weakest to the strongest, Wireless security capacity is.
No Security