Vista and WPA-PSk

Clmg-Skynet

Vista and WPA-PSk
I just received my new laptop Dell Inspiron 1720 an tried to configure
wireless networking
with O.S. Vista Home Premium.
Router Brand : Philips.
I have no problem with my 3 other PC running XP-SP2

Issue with Vista, Wireless networking doesn't work at all if I choose
security based on WPA-PSK (TKIP)
If I use WEP, network works fine.
WEP is not a good choice for me and I would like to have WPA-PSK working.

Could you help.
Claude Lizee
Belgium

--

ATTENTION ce message est confidentiel. Toute utilisation doit être
préalablement autorisée. Il a été té rédigé sous anti-virus dernière

Barb Bowman

Re: Vista and WPA-PSk
is there a firmware update for this router? what exact model router?
please post the text output of ipconfig /all

http://digitalmediaphile.wordpress.c...t-text-output/

if the laptop wireless is an N card, try WPA2 on the router or
WPA-Personal/PSK AES

if you don't have the WPA2 update for XP, it is at
http://support.microsoft.com/Default.aspx?id=893357

--

Barb Bowman
MS-MVP
Clmg-Skynet

Re: Vista and WPA-PSk
I found Microsoft article 928233, applied the registry modification and
seems to work now

Claude

"Barb Bowman" <barb@nospam.com> wrote in message
> is there a firmware update for this router? what exact model router?
> please post the text output of ipconfig /all
>
> http://digitalmediaphile.wordpress.c...t-text-output/
>
> if the laptop wireless is an N card, try WPA2 on the router or
> WPA-Personal/PSK AES
>
> if you don't have the WPA2 update for XP, it is at
> http://support.microsoft.com/Default.aspx?id=893357
>
> On Wed, 13 Feb 2008 09:43:32 +0100, "Clmg-Skynet" <clmg@skynet.be>
> wrote:
>
>>I just received my new laptop Dell Inspiron 1720 an tried to configure
>>wireless networking
>>with O.S. Vista Home Premium.
>>Router Brand : Philips.
>>I have no problem with my 3 other PC running XP-SP2
>>
>>Issue with Vista, Wireless networking doesn't work at all if I choose
>>security based on WPA-PSK (TKIP)
>>If I use WEP, network works fine.
>>WEP is not a good choice for me and I would like to have WPA-PSK working.
>>
>>Could you help.
>>Claude Lizee
>>Belgium

> --
>
> Barb Bowman
> MS-MVP

Barb Bowman

Re: Vista and WPA-PSk
thanks for the update. interesting that this is not a problem if you
use WEP, though.

On Wed, 13 Feb 2008 14:16:06 +0100, "Clmg-Skynet" <clmg@skynet.be>
wrote:

>I found Microsoft article 928233, applied the registry modification and
>seems to work now
>
>Claude
>
>"Barb Bowman" <barb@nospam.com> wrote in message
>news:0di5r35g4dsmsocoqo1qk3joerb4edik9p@4ax.com.. .
>> is there a firmware update for this router? what exact model router?
>> please post the text output of ipconfig /all
>>
>> http://digitalmediaphile.wordpress.c...t-text-output/
>>
>> if the laptop wireless is an N card, try WPA2 on the router or
>> WPA-Personal/PSK AES
>>
>> if you don't have the WPA2 update for XP, it is at
>> http://support.microsoft.com/Default.aspx?id=893357
>>
>> On Wed, 13 Feb 2008 09:43:32 +0100, "Clmg-Skynet" <clmg@skynet.be>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>I just received my new laptop Dell Inspiron 1720 an tried to configure
>>>wireless networking
>>>with O.S. Vista Home Premium.
>>>Router Brand : Philips.
>>>I have no problem with my 3 other PC running XP-SP2
>>>
>>>Issue with Vista, Wireless networking doesn't work at all if I choose
>>>security based on WPA-PSK (TKIP)
>>>If I use WEP, network works fine.
>>>WEP is not a good choice for me and I would like to have WPA-PSK working.
>>>
>>>Could you help.
>>>Claude Lizee
>>>Belgium

>> --