help with bluetooth!

Veteran

help with bluetooth!
I have an Acer Laptop with Windows Vista Home Premium installed. Can anyone
pls help me to find out how bluetooth works ? I am trying to understand how
to connect it with other devices like my mobile (Nokia 6131) . Please notice
that i am just now trying to understand what bluetooth means... thanx
mb76

Re: help with bluetooth!

Not all Acer laptops come with bluetooth, although they all come with a
switch on the front (depending on model it should be next to the wirelss
on/off slider switch).
If you have bluetooth this should activate it, if not you will get a
message on screen saying no bluetooth device.
If this is the case you may be able to purchase an internal module to
install (time consuming and not for the faint hearted), or the other
option is to purchase a bluetooth dongle which plugs into a USB port.
Check here for available internal modules: 'eBay.co.uk Shop - Oldegg
Wireless Depot: Acer Bluetooth: Acer Laptop Internal Bluetooth 2.0
Module 8pin1.05cm S'
(http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Oldegg-Wire...ftidZ2QQ tZkm)
though it may be worth checking you have the neccessary socket first as
it took me 2 hours to get to mine yesterday only to find it wasn't
there.
USB bluetooth dongles are available everywhere.

--
mb76
JW

Re: help with bluetooth!
Do you have Bluetooth setup available in your control panel?

"Veteran" <Veteran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have an Acer Laptop with Windows Vista Home Premium installed. Can anyone
> pls help me to find out how bluetooth works ? I am trying to understand
> how
> to connect it with other devices like my mobile (Nokia 6131) . Please
> notice
> that i am just now trying to understand what bluetooth means... thanx

Veteran

Re: help with bluetooth!
JW no there is no Bluetooth setu up available in my control panel...

"JW" wrote:

> Do you have Bluetooth setup available in your control panel?
>
> "Veteran" <Veteran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have an Acer Laptop with Windows Vista Home Premium installed. Can anyone
> > pls help me to find out how bluetooth works ? I am trying to understand
> > how
> > to connect it with other devices like my mobile (Nokia 6131) . Please
> > notice
> > that i am just now trying to understand what bluetooth means... thanx

Veteran

Re: help with bluetooth!
mb76 , thanks for all answers..yes there is switch on the front next to the
wireless on/off slider switch, and when i push it ,i get a message on screen
"no bluetooth device"
If i undertood well , i might buy an internal module , or a USB bluetooth
dongle...am i right?
I really dont know if there is a socket in my laptop either....
thanks again for your advices..

"mb76" wrote:

> Not all Acer laptops come with bluetooth, although they all come with a
> switch on the front (depending on model it should be next to the wirelss
> on/off slider switch).
> If you have bluetooth this should activate it, if not you will get a
> message on screen saying no bluetooth device.
> If this is the case you may be able to purchase an module to
> install (time consuming and not for the faint hearted), or the other
> option is to purchase a bluetooth dongle which plugs into a USB port.
> Check here for available internal modules: 'eBay.co.uk Shop - Oldegg
> Wireless Depot: Acer Bluetooth: Acer Laptop Internal Bluetooth 2.0
> Module 8pin1.05cm S'
> (http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Oldegg-Wire...ftidZ2QQ tZkm)
> though it may be worth checking you have the neccessary socket first as
> it took me 2 hours to get to mine yesterday only to find it wasn't
> there.
> USB bluetooth dongles are available everywhere.
>

> --
> mb76

mb76

Re: help with bluetooth!

In that case probably best to go with a USB dongle, it should come with
all the neccessary software, there's plenty on eBay and they are now
really cheap (mine cost me £3.65 including p&p)

--
mb76