Re: To all who are having networking problems.

jetjock

Re: To all who are having networking problems.

My bad! I left that out of my narative. I had already done that but
still could not share when I found the below mention of Network Magic
..
On Fri, 8 Feb 2008 16:20:22 -0800 (PST), tech578 <tech578@gmail.com>
wrote:

>This needs to be installed on the XP machines.
>
>http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en
>
>jetjock wrote:
>> I am a brand new user of Vista and certainly not an "expert" on the
>> system. Nor am I in any way connected to "Network Magic". That said,
>> here is what happened to me.
>>
>> Two computers running XP, one wired through a router to the internet
>> and one wireless. Both worked fine. Bought new laptop with Vista.
>> Could not get Vista and XP machines to file or printer share.
>> Computer store owner no help; says that it's almost impossible to get
>> the two systems to work together. Started reading old messages in
>> microsoft.public.windows.vista.general and found one from last Nov.
>> that mentioned "Network Magic". Program has free 7 day trial so I
>> tried it. Within five minutes it had diagnosed that Window Internet
>> Connection Sharing had to be turned of in Vista, did it and had me
>> sharing files and a printer.
>>
>> So, if your are having problems, give it a try. It's free, it works
>> and you don't need to keep it installed after you get set up.
>> http://www.networkmagic.com/

planorover

THANK YOU
THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART FOR THIS POST. I downloaded Network
Magic and installed it and within five minutes of downloading it had resolved
whatever problem I had and I finally had access to my network computers.
Again, many thanks.