Wiredless

Xgun

Wiredless

Having network connectively problems since upgrading HP dv5000 from
XPsp2 to vista64U.
Decided to upgrade my Linksys wireless router and had placed an order
for a Linksys WRT160N. After placing this order I decided I should
upgrade the adapter with it. Glad I did, for I got on line chatting with
an Linksys tech rep and was informed currently they have no vista 64
compatible wireless adapters. Ask if he could or would recommend
something else and he did not.
::Called Tigerdirect and they stated the same, currently no 64
compatible wireless router or adapters available. He told me I believe
he said MS was coming out with 64 updates within the next month or two
or when ever..::

::I was wondering if any one could verify or disclaim this info?::

--
Xgun
Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Wiredless
I can't confirm the information. However, at meantime, you may try to remove
the IPv6. That may be work. Please post back with the result.

Vista IPCONFIG and Network SettingsHow to disable Auto-tuning on Windows
Vista How to disable TCP/IPv6 How to remove IPv6 and Tunnel completely on
Vista How to disable ICS public connection ...
www.howtonetworking.com/vista/vistaipconfig.htm

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net

"Xgun" <Xgun.34izrb@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> Having network connectively problems since upgrading HP dv5000 from
> XPsp2 to vista64U.
> Decided to upgrade my Linksys wireless router and had placed an order
> for a Linksys WRT160N. After placing this order I decided I should
> upgrade the adapter with it. Glad I did, for I got on line chatting with
> an Linksys tech rep and was informed currently they have no vista 64
> compatible wireless adapters. Ask if he could or would recommend
> something else and he did not.
> ::Called Tigerdirect and they stated the same, currently no 64
> compatible wireless router or adapters available. He told me I believe
> he said MS was coming out with 64 updates within the next month or two
> or when ever..::
>
> ::I was wondering if any one could verify or disclaim this info?::
>

> --
> Xgun

Xgun

Re: Wiredless

I had already tried disabling the ipv6, no luck

--
Xgun
Barb Bowman

Re: Wiredless
D-Link's extreme N (draft) pccard adapters run fine on Vista and
there are drivers either provided with Vista or on Windows Update
for x64.

One thing, there MAY be a driver for whatever card you have on WU,
but you may have to connect with wired Ethernet (and the wireless
card active) to pull it down.

On Sat, 9 Feb 2008 12:05:25 -0600, Xgun
<Xgun.34izrb@no-mx.forums.net> wrote:

>I was wondering if any one could verify or disclaim this info?

--

Barb Bowman
MS-MVP
Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Wiredless
No just disable it. Remove it completely.

--

"Xgun" <Xgun.34jf15@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> I had already tried disabling the ipv6, no luck
>

> --
> Xgun

Eric Cross [MVP]

Re: Wiredless
IPv6 cannot be removed from Windows Vista like XP. It can be disabled
though.

For more details, see:
https://www.microsoft.com/technet/ne...6/ipv6faq.mspx

--
Eric Cross
Microsoft MVP (Windows Networking)

"Robert L. (MS-MVP)" <blinNoEmailplease@mvps.org> wrote in message
> No just disable it. Remove it completely.
>
> --
> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
> http://www.ChicagoTech.net
> http://www.HowToNetworking.com
>

> "Xgun" <Xgun.34jf15@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message
>>
>> I had already tried disabling the ipv6, no luck
>>

>> --
>> Xgun

Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Wiredless
Erirc,

You can remove IPV6 completely if you modify the registry by following the
link. The following is the result of ipconfig /all from my Vista laptop
without IPv6. You just can't do it normally. You need to use regedit.

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.0.6000]
Copyright (c) 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\blin>ipconfig /all

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : nc4010
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . : chicagotech.net
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : chicagotech.net
chicagotech.local

Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : chicagotech.local
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 2200BG Network
Conn
ection
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-0E-35-39-4F-D3
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.10.102(Preferred)
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Sunday, February 10, 2008 9:28:49 AM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Sunday, March 23, 2008 1:28:48 AM
Primary WINS Server . . . . . . . : 192.168.10.1
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : chicagobotanic.org
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-12-79-56-50-A7
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

C:\Users\blin>

--

"Eric Cross [MVP]" <ecross4@gmail.com> wrote in message
> IPv6 cannot be removed from Windows Vista like XP. It can be disabled
> though.
>
> For more details, see:
> https://www.microsoft.com/technet/ne...6/ipv6faq.mspx
>
> --
> Eric Cross
> Microsoft MVP (Windows Networking)
> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>

> "Robert L. (MS-MVP)" <blinNoEmailplease@mvps.org> wrote in message
>> No just disable it. Remove it completely.
>>
>> --
>> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
>> http://www.ChicagoTech.net
>> http://www.HowToNetworking.com
>>

>> "Xgun" <Xgun.34jf15@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message
>>>
>>> I had already tried disabling the ipv6, no luck
>>>

>>> --
>>> Xgun

Xgun

Re: Wiredless

I made the adjustments Robert L suggested last night and so far no
disconnects. Took ipv6 and tunneling completely off. The real test
will be today when streaming will be kicking in.....
It is appreciated!

--
Xgun
Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Wiredless
Please keep us update.

--

"Xgun" <Xgun.34mda2@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> I made the adjustments Robert L suggested last night and so far no
> disconnects. Took ipv6 and tunneling completely off. The real test
> will be today when streaming will be kicking in.....
> It is appreciated!
>

> --
> Xgun

Xgun

Re: Wiredless

It has not loss its connection since removing the ipv6. I am still
having a streaming issue though. I run TDAmeritrade's StrategyDesk
which streams its data during stock market hours. It stops updating
intermittently. Didn't have that problem prior to the upgrade and I
have spoken with TDA techs who tell me there is nothing wrong with their
end. They suspect it may be a Java problem. I have removed both
programs several times but no help. StrategyDesk is a stand alone
program. I receive streaming data through the web browser with no
problems...

--
Xgun