unable map drive to windows 2003 share

ascheich@gmail.com

unable map drive to windows 2003 share
Hi, I've been searching for a solution to this problem but can't seem
to find the answer. I am running vista ultimate. I am unable to map
a drive to a windows 2003 network share.

This is over the internet, not local. It works fine in xp pro. Here
is what works

Map vista to xp pro local - works
map xp pro to \\IP\share - works
map vista to \\IP\share - network path not found

I have made the lsa registry tweak and tried turning off my firewall,
but to no avail.

windows server 2003 is behind a server with isa firewall, but with
rule to allow netbios through to this server (obviously works since
the xp pro can map to it)

I'm not sure what else to try, please help! It would make updating my
web projects soooo much easier.

Adam
Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Re: unable map drive to windows 2003 share
Do you have other security software on the Vista? It may block the sharing.
Or check this link.

Vista sharing issuesSolved: Vista sharing - Access denied · Connectivity
issue because of security software The problem was the customer had
installed Norton IS 2006 over ...
www.chicagotech.net/vista/vistasharing.htm

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net

<ascheich@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I've been searching for a solution to this problem but can't seem
> to find the answer. I am running vista ultimate. I am unable to map
> a drive to a windows 2003 network share.
>
> This is over the internet, not local. It works fine in xp pro. Here
> is what works
>
> Map vista to xp pro local - works
> map xp pro to \\IP\share - works
> map vista to \\IP\share - network path not found
>
> I have made the lsa registry tweak and tried turning off my firewall,
> but to no avail.
>
> windows server 2003 is behind a server with isa firewall, but with
> rule to allow netbios through to this server (obviously works since
> the xp pro can map to it)
>
> I'm not sure what else to try, please help! It would make updating my
> web projects soooo much easier.
>
> Adam

ascheich@gmail.com

Re: unable map drive to windows 2003 share
Hey Robert,

I am running the windows firewall and avast antivirus, but that's
all. Permissions should be ok, as I will be logging in as
Administrator, but I can't even get that far.

On Feb 8, 10:16*am, "Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)"
<blinNoEmailple...@mvps.org> wrote:
> Do you have other security software on the Vista? It may block the sharing..
> Or check this link.
>
> Vista sharing issuesSolved: Vista sharing - Access denied · Connectivity
> issue because of security software The problem was the customer had
> installed Norton IS 2006 over ...
> * * *www.chicagotech.net/vista/vistasharing.htm
>
> --
> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
> Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting onhttp://www.ChicagoTech.net
> How to Setup Windows, Network, VPN & Remote Access onhttp://www.HowToNetworking.com
>
> <asche...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > Hi, I've been searching for a solution to this problem but can't seem
> > to find the answer. *I am running vista ultimate. *I am unable to map
> > a drive to a windows 2003 network share.

> > This is over the internet, not local. *It works fine in xp pro. Here
> > is what works

> > Map vista to xp pro local - works
> > map xp pro to \\IP\share - works
> > map vista to \\IP\share - network path not found

> > I have made the lsa registry tweak and tried turning off my firewall,
> > but to no avail.

> > windows server 2003 *is behind a server with isa firewall, but with
> > rule to allow netbios through to this server (obviously works since
> > the xp pro can map to it)

> > I'm not sure what else to try, please help! *It would make updating my
> > web projects soooo much easier.

> > Adam- Hide quoted text -

Kerry Brown

Re: unable map drive to windows 2003 share
Are you using a VPN to connect to the server? What VPN?

These next questions assume a VPN.

Can you ping the server by name and by IP? If not do you get the same errors
from both?

--
Kerry Brown
Microsoft MVP - Shell/User