share

Thomas

share
I use a network at my Grandmother's house in order to share files. Her
desktop computer can acess my computer just fine but I cannot access hers.
Every time I am prompted for a username and password and when I enter them I
still cannot connect. When I disable her password through network and
sharing center I am still prompted with the same username and password.
What username and password does it need- the username and the password of
the person logged on? This is what I give it and it does not allow me
access. Can anyone help?

Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Re: share
Try to cerate your username with the password on her computer.

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net

"Thomas" <tsimon28684@aol.com> wrote in message
>I use a network at my Grandmother's house in order to share files. Her
>desktop computer can acess my computer just fine but I cannot access hers.
>Every time I am prompted for a username and password and when I enter them
>I still cannot connect. When I disable her password through network and
>sharing center I am still prompted with the same username and password.
>What username and password does it need- the username and the password of
>the person logged on? This is what I give it and it does not allow me
>access. Can anyone help?

Keith Willcocks

Re: share
Cerate: "A hard, unctuous, fat- or wax-based solid, sometimes medicated,
formerly applied to the skin directly or on dressings."

I don't think that is what you meant was it?

--
Keith Willcocks

"Robert L. (MS-MVP)" <blinNoEmailplease@mvps.org> wrote in message
> Try to cerate your username with the password on her computer.
>
> --
> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
> http://www.ChicagoTech.net
> http://www.HowToNetworking.com
>

> "Thomas" <tsimon28684@aol.com> wrote in message
>>I use a network at my Grandmother's house in order to share files. Her
>>desktop computer can acess my computer just fine but I cannot access hers.
>>Every time I am prompted for a username and password and when I enter them
>>I still cannot connect. When I disable her password through network and
>>sharing center I am still prompted with the same username and password.
>>What username and password does it need- the username and the password of
>>the person logged on? This is what I give it and it does not allow me
>>access. Can anyone help?

Mick Murphy

RE: share

How to give Permissions are there, too.

If you are running Norton, Trend Micro, McAfee, etc’s Firewall, check its
settings to make sure it allows file and printer sharing..

the SAME.

In Vista Network and Sharing:

File Sharing: ON

Docs)