emailing a photo

bessie

emailing a photo
how can I change the server, and account name because i think i put the wrong
information. i can't seem to send any photos and my outbox has 13 failed
messages sent.
--
thanx
Malke

Re: emailing a photo
bessie wrote:
> how can I change the server, and account name because i think i put the wrong
> information. i can't seem to send any photos and my outbox has 13 failed
> messages sent.

It would have been extremely helpful if you'd remembered to tell us what
email program you're using.

The most common problems for people having trouble sending/receiving
email are:

1. You are using the wrong mail server settings. Check your ISP's
website ( or that of your web hosting company if your mail host is other
than your ISP) for the correct mail server settings for POP (Incoming)
and SMTP (outgoing). Most ISP's will also have a "walkthrough" to show
you how to set up mail using popular email clients such as Outlook
Express, Eudora, and Thunderbird. If they don't have instructions for
Windows Mail yet, use the ones for Outlook Express.

2. You have "outgoing mail server requires authentication" checked when
it does not. Or vice versa.

3. You are trying to send mail through an SMTP server that isn't your
regular ISP; i.e., you are trying to send mail through AT&T's server
when your ISP is Comcast. Some ISP's care about this and some don't.

4. Your user name and/or password are incorrect. Yes, you do have a user
name and password for your email. It probably has just been a long time
since you set this up (or someone else set it up for you) and you've
forgotten. Look through your ISP-related documentation or contact your
ISP. They will be able to tell you your user name and assign you a new
password.

5. Your antivirus is set to scan emails and/or is one that causes
problems with your operating system (such as McAfee in Vista). Turn this
option off since it doesn't provide you any extra protection and tends
to cause problems.

In addition to the general troubleshooting steps above, some people had
difficulties with emails becoming "stuck" in their Outbox in Windows
Mail. It doesn't sound like this is your issue, but here is the
information about that anyway:

First thing is to remove McAfee or Norton AV and antispam from the
computer if they exist. You may need to visit their website to fully
uninstall the product. Then get something less invasive. There are a
number of free antivirus programs, but with any you have to disable
email scanning. See www.oehelp.com/OETips.aspx#3

After that, the only solution so far is to wipe out the database. So go
to Tools | Options | Advanced | Maintenance | Store Folder to find the
message store location. Then move everything under that Windows Mail
directory to another directory. Then restart WinMail and it will open
fresh with nothing in the database. You can then add your accounts and
if they work correctly then you can use File | Import | Messages and
choose WinMail format and point to the directory to which you moved the
files.

Steve Cochran wrote a utility to automate the above, WMUtil:
http://www.oehelp.com/WMUtil/Default.aspx

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
mikeyhsd

Re: emailing a photo
click on a message in the Outbox to open it.
on the top line in the message for Server, click in the area where the server name is it to bring up the drop down list.
select the server you have set up for outgoing mail.
click on SEND again.

mikeyhsd@sprintpcs.com

"bessie" <bessie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message newsDEB33F5-1ACA-4088-BCE4-131DC74195B9@microsoft.com...
how can I change the server, and account name because i think i put the wrong
information. i can't seem to send any photos and my outbox has 13 failed
messages sent.
--
thanx
Mick Murphy

RE: emailing a photo
Open your email proram.
Click on Tools>Accounts>Mail Tab>highlight your mail account>Properties.

change your email details in "General".
change your server settings in "Servers"

It makes it hard when no email program name!!