Access denied c:\ on vista comp from XP comp

=?Utf-8?B?VHdpbmtsZXRvZXM=?=

Access denied c:\ on vista comp from XP comp
I cannot whatever i do access c:\ on vista comp,I have enabled file sharing
and vista confirms that its shared but no access allowed from XP computer
Now for the wierd part D:\ has no problem full access given same settings,
go figure.

I can access all drives and files on all computers on the network from the
vista computer

Is their something I have missed as i'm no newbie, I have a wireless network
for 4 computers using XPPro and never come across something like this.

Nothing to do with firewalls as I would not be able to access D Drive.

Hope someone has got an answer

Thx
Keith D

Re: Access denied c:\ on vista comp from XP comp

Hi

From about 20 threads down page

http://www.networkmagic.com/download/

"Twinkletoes" <Twinkletoes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I cannot whatever i do access c:\ on vista comp,I have enabled file sharing
> and vista confirms that its shared but no access allowed from XP computer
> Now for the wierd part D:\ has no problem full access given same settings,
> go figure.
>
> I can access all drives and files on all computers on the network from
> the
> vista computer
>
> Is their something I have missed as i'm no newbie, I have a wireless
> network
> for 4 computers using XPPro and never come across something like this.
>
> Nothing to do with firewalls as I would not be able to access D Drive.
>
> Hope someone has got an answer
>
> Thx

Diamontina Cocktail

Re: Access denied c:\ on vista comp from XP comp

Even better - if you have a third party firewall installed, uninstall it.

"Keith D" <scanner@ntlworld.com> wrote in message

> Hi
>
> From about 20 threads down page
>
> http://www.networkmagic.com/download/
>

> "Twinkletoes" <Twinkletoes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I cannot whatever i do access c:\ on vista comp,I have enabled file
>>sharing
>> and vista confirms that its shared but no access allowed from XP computer
>> Now for the wierd part D:\ has no problem full access given same
>> settings,
>> go figure.
>>
>> I can access all drives and files on all computers on the network from
>> the
>> vista computer
>>
>> Is their something I have missed as i'm no newbie, I have a wireless
>> network
>> for 4 computers using XPPro and never come across something like this.
>>
>> Nothing to do with firewalls as I would not be able to access D Drive.
>>
>> Hope someone has got an answer
>>
>> Thx

=?Utf-8?B?S2ltIFtNU10=?=

RE: Access denied c:\ on vista comp from XP comp
Twinkletoes,

I'm sorry you're experiencing issues. We're revamping our online Help
content to address these issues. Check out this page which should resolve
your problem. Let us know if it doesn't:
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...973031033.mspx

Thanks

"Twinkletoes" wrote:

> I cannot whatever i do access c:\ on vista comp,I have enabled file sharing
> and vista confirms that its shared but no access allowed from XP computer
> Now for the wierd part D:\ has no problem full access given same settings,
> go figure.
>
> I can access all drives and files on all computers on the network from the
> vista computer
>
> Is their something I have missed as i'm no newbie, I have a wireless network
> for 4 computers using XPPro and never come across something like this.
>
> Nothing to do with firewalls as I would not be able to access D Drive.
>
> Hope someone has got an answer
>
> Thx

Michael A. Bishop \(MSFT\)

Re: Access denied c:\ on vista comp from XP comp
You'll need to right-click the drive you're sharing, choose Properties, go
to the Security tab, and permit Everyone access to this drive. This isn't
recommended on the system drive, which is why the Sharing wizard doesn't do
it automatically. When you share the non-system drive (D, it's not a
security risk, so the Sharing wizard changes the file system permissions to
match your share permissions.

message de news:2CFF03AA-45E3-4A7F-B0D3-FAD1C446144B@microsoft.com...