ip6

john

ip6
Hi, hope someone can help. It is my understanding is that ip6 is enabled in
Vista by default, but is it necessary if you're only connecting over ip4?
In others words, if ip6 is disabled would it have any impact on ip4
transmission? I ask this because transfering files between xp pro and vista
business works fine over cat5, but times out over wireless and judging from
the zone alarm notifications on my xp machine I think it's related to ip6.
I'm using vista business.

Sorry about the email reply address, but I'm spamphobic.

TIA,
john

Dustin Harper

Re: ip6
You can turn off IPv6 without it interfering with IPv4. It is enabled by
default, but you can disable it.

--
Dustin Harper
dharper@vistarip.com

--
"john" <nospam@nospam.net> wrote in message
> Hi, hope someone can help. It is my understanding is that ip6 is enabled
> in Vista by default, but is it necessary if you're only connecting over
> ip4? In others words, if ip6 is disabled would it have any impact on ip4
> transmission? I ask this because transfering files between xp pro and
> vista business works fine over cat5, but times out over wireless and
> judging from the zone alarm notifications on my xp machine I think it's
> related to ip6. I'm using vista business.
>
> Sorry about the email reply address, but I'm spamphobic.
>
> TIA,
> john

Keith D

Re: ip6

> business works fine over cat5, but times out over wireless and judging
> from
> the zone alarm notifications on my xp machine I think it's related to ip6.
> I'm using vista business.

Hi

IPV6 can have the tick removed with no new problems

From reading other threads on here it seems zone alarm aint your best friend
regarding vista

most seemed to have deleted it entirely
and solver some issues that way

there is a seemingly quite good programme called liveonecare on
m/soft site with a 90 day trial period

it needs one change from default settings

in liveonecare centre you will need to put a tick in box for
file and printer sharing

1] change settings
2] firewall
3] firewall connection tool

cheers

K/

john

Re: ip6

"Keith D" <scanner@ntlworld.com> wrote in message

>> business works fine over cat5, but times out over wireless and judging
>> from
>> the zone alarm notifications on my xp machine I think it's related to
>> ip6. I'm using vista business.
>>

> Hi
>
> IPV6 can have the tick removed with no new problems
>
> From reading other threads on here it seems zone alarm aint your best
> friend
> regarding vista
>
> most seemed to have deleted it entirely
> and solver some issues that way
>
> there is a seemingly quite good programme called liveonecare on
> m/soft site with a 90 day trial period
>
> it needs one change from default settings
>
> in liveonecare centre you will need to put a tick in box for
> file and printer sharing
>
> 1] change settings
> 2] firewall
> 3] firewall connection tool