networking with a mix vista and xp

sgopus

networking with a mix vista and xp
I'm trying to help my church set up a network with two laptops in the church
both xp
and a desktop at the pastors home using vista, he wants to use the desktop
at home as a server for docs, so when he updates a doc, the assistant can
access the latest updated doc, rather than one outdated, can someone give me
a pointer to docs giving advice on setting up this kind of network?
also the server at home would be access via the internet, the two in the
church would be peer to peer.
sgopus

RE: networking with a mix vista and xp
the two laptops are vista home the one at pastors home is XP home

"sgopus" wrote:

> I'm trying to help my church set up a network with two laptops in the church
> both xp
> and a desktop at the pastors home using vista, he wants to use the desktop
> at home as a server for docs, so when he updates a doc, the assistant can
> access the latest updated doc, rather than one outdated, can someone give me
> a pointer to docs giving advice on setting up this kind of network?
> also the server at home would be access via the internet, the two in the
> church would be peer to peer.

Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Re: networking with a mix vista and xp
This how to may help.

Vista Network SharingHow to share the Root Drive in Vista How to share the
Public in Windows Vista Understand Network Location Types Vista simple file
sharing ...
www.howtonetworking.com/vista/networksharing.htm

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE