Vista networking

Radar069

Vista networking
I have a 3 PC set up all using Vista. All PCs can be seen but only 2PCs can
be mapped.
PC 1 (desktop) Vista business
PC 2 (Laptop) Vista home Premium
PC 3 (desktop) Vista home Premium

PC 3 can map to PC 1 & PC 2
PC 1 can map TO PC 2 NOT 3
PC 2 can map TO PC 1 NOT 3

Have checked settings on and all seem ok.

PC 3 is a new machine replacing an old XP PC which was ok.

This has me baffled any suggestion greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Alan
Mick Murphy

RE: Vista networking

How to give Permissions are there, too.

If you are running Norton, Trend Micro, McAfee, etc’s Firewall, check its
settings to make sure it allows file and printer sharing..

the SAME.

In Vista Network and Sharing:

File Sharing: ON

Docs)

from an XP computer.

"Radar069" wrote:

> I have a 3 PC set up all using Vista. All PCs can be seen but only 2PCs can
> be mapped.
> PC 1 (desktop) Vista business
> PC 2 (Laptop) Vista home Premium
> PC 3 (desktop) Vista home Premium
>
> PC 3 can map to PC 1 & PC 2
> PC 1 can map TO PC 2 NOT 3
> PC 2 can map TO PC 1 NOT 3
>
> Have checked settings on and all seem ok.
>
> PC 3 is a new machine replacing an old XP PC which was ok.
>
> This has me baffled any suggestion greatly appreciated.
>

> Thanks
>
> Alan

Radar069

RE: Vista networking
Mick,

Have permissions set up as I said all 3 PCs are running Vista.
When I try to Access PC 3 from other PCs I get error
Network path was not found
I can see all 3 PCs and I can connect to PC 1 & 2 from PC 3
But cannot connect to PC 3.

Very baffled