Vista and peer to peer networking

Brian S

Vista and peer to peer networking
Vista and peer to peer networking question. My company is on a domain, we
have users that
go out to clients and then create a peer to peer network among themselves to
share files.
We are currently using XP, have a common local account they logon with when
in the field which
prevents them from having to provide an account and password when browsing
for the folder.
When using Vista Enterprise edition, is there anyway to get away from using
a local account again. I don't have password protect a folder as an option,
I would
like to stay away from 3rd party software. Any other ideas ?
--
Brian Snyder
Team Lead Support
Mick Murphy

RE: Vista and peer to peer networking
It is very ignorant to post the same question here twice within 1 hour!

People come here for free to help, not to be annoyed by impatient people.

I am repeating the answer that a person gave you in your last post:

PAY A NETWORK CONSULTANT

"Brian S" wrote:

> Vista and peer to peer networking question. My company is on a domain, we
> have users that
> go out to clients and then create a peer to peer network among themselves to
> share files.
> We are currently using XP, have a common local account they logon with when
> in the field which
> prevents them from having to provide an account and password when browsing
> for the folder.
> When using Vista Enterprise edition, is there anyway to get away from using
> a local account again. I don't have password protect a folder as an option,
> I would
> like to stay away from 3rd party software. Any other ideas ?
> --
> Brian Snyder
> Team Lead Support
> MCP

Brian S

RE: Vista and peer to peer networking
Sorry for the dual post but it errored out the first time and it didn't look
like it worked. For someone who responds to quite a few posts, that is quite
an easy response from you. I thought at least someone would be up for a
challenge. I guess I was wrong.
--
Brian Snyder
Team Lead Support

"Mick Murphy" wrote:

> It is very ignorant to post the same question here twice within 1 hour!
>
> People come here for free to help, not to be annoyed by impatient people.
>
> I am repeating the answer that a person gave you in your last post:
>
> PAY A NETWORK CONSULTANT
>
> "Brian S" wrote:
>
> > Vista and peer to peer networking question. My company is on a domain, we
> > have users that
> > go out to clients and then create a peer to peer network among themselves to
> > share files.
> > We are currently using XP, have a common local account they logon with when
> > in the field which
> > prevents them from having to provide an account and password when browsing
> > for the folder.
> > When using Vista Enterprise edition, is there anyway to get away from using
> > a local account again. I don't have password protect a folder as an option,
> > I would
> > like to stay away from 3rd party software. Any other ideas ?
> > --
> > Brian Snyder
> > Team Lead Support
> > MCP

Mick Murphy

RE: Vista and peer to peer networking

See if you can find something to help in the above.
And I have my own business to run; that is enough of a challenge!