Problems getting online via wireless adapter.

James

Problems getting online via wireless adapter.
I can connect to the internet (and network) via ethernet, but I cannot using
my Intel 8945ABG wireless card. I can connect to the network, and browse all
the computers attached to it, but for some reason I cannot get online. I've
checked and double checked the Gateway and DNS (which need to be specified),
and they're both fine. I've also disabled TCP/IPv6. When I look at the
network connections, there are two displayed - both connected to the same
network via the same adapter...any ideas?

I'm not sure if this is relevant, but the network uses WEP encryption.
nationalwheel

RE: Problems getting online via wireless adapter.
Do you need some type of security key number and passcode??? I know I'm using
a 26 digit code also a keycode from 1-4, your wireless adapter and router
must be the same. ehternet cable wouldn't require this... Mine has options
for up to four passcodes and 1-4 key to correspond..

"James" wrote:

> I can connect to the internet (and network) via ethernet, but I cannot using
> my Intel 8945ABG wireless card. I can connect to the network, and browse all
> the computers attached to it, but for some reason I cannot get online. I've
> checked and double checked the Gateway and DNS (which need to be specified),
> and they're both fine. I've also disabled TCP/IPv6. When I look at the
> network connections, there are two displayed - both connected to the same
> network via the same adapter...any ideas?
>
> I'm not sure if this is relevant, but the network uses WEP encryption.

James

RE: Problems getting online via wireless adapter.
Yeah, I have a passcode that's 7 letters and 3 numbers. I know I have it
right because I can freely browse files on the network.

"nationalwheel" wrote:

> Do you need some type of security key number and passcode??? I know I'm using
> a 26 digit code also a keycode from 1-4, your wireless adapter and router
> must be the same. ehternet cable wouldn't require this... Mine has options
> for up to four passcodes and 1-4 key to correspond..
>
> "James" wrote:
>
> > I can connect to the internet (and network) via ethernet, but I cannot using
> > my Intel 8945ABG wireless card. I can connect to the network, and browse all
> > the computers attached to it, but for some reason I cannot get online. I've
> > checked and double checked the Gateway and DNS (which need to be specified),
> > and they're both fine. I've also disabled TCP/IPv6. When I look at the
> > network connections, there are two displayed - both connected to the same
> > network via the same adapter...any ideas?
> >
> > I'm not sure if this is relevant, but the network uses WEP encryption.

James

RE: Problems getting online via wireless adapter.
Ok, well I've made some progress. I now know it has something to do with the
DHCP setting. I ran ipconfig /all and manually changed the IP to what it had
in there (10.0.0.249). I can now get on the internet. I've checked online and
it seems like theres quite a few different ideas on solutions. Is there any
sure fix for this?