New Vista setup, Network on Public and not Private?

Nutzer

New Vista setup, Network on Public and not Private?
All,

Just set up a new Vista machine Home Edition. Anyways, whenever I restart
the computer, by default it goes to 'Public' and not 'Private'. So, I would
have to manually click on the big red X mark in Network and Sharing Center,
click Diagnose and finally I am able to go on when it sets itself to
Private. But if I reboot, it would go back to PUBLIC. How do I automatically
set it Private?
I read that its because I am in computer admin mode and not this super
admin. What can I do?

Thanks!

Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Re: New Vista setup, Network on Public and not Private?
Is this a multihomed computer? Post back the result of ipconfig /all may
help.

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net

"Nutzer" <piggy@piggy.com> wrote in message
> All,
>
> Just set up a new Vista machine Home Edition. Anyways, whenever I restart
> the computer, by default it goes to 'Public' and not 'Private'. So, I
> would have to manually click on the big red X mark in Network and Sharing
> Center, click Diagnose and finally I am able to go on when it sets itself
> to Private. But if I reboot, it would go back to PUBLIC. How do I
> automatically set it Private?
> I read that its because I am in computer admin mode and not this super
> admin. What can I do?
>
> Thanks!

Nutzer

Re: New Vista setup, Network on Public and not Private?
No its not a multihomed computer. I mean it has a wifi card and a regualr
Lan ethernet interface. I'm not at the client computer right now so I can't
do that.
What do you propose is the issue?

"Robert L. (MS-MVP)" <blinNoEmailplease@mvps.org> wrote in message
> Is this a multihomed computer? Post back the result of ipconfig /all may
> help.
>
> --
> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
> http://www.ChicagoTech.net
> http://www.HowToNetworking.com
>

> "Nutzer" <piggy@piggy.com> wrote in message
>> All,
>>
>> Just set up a new Vista machine Home Edition. Anyways, whenever I restart
>> the computer, by default it goes to 'Public' and not 'Private'. So, I
>> would have to manually click on the big red X mark in Network and Sharing
>> Center, click Diagnose and finally I am able to go on when it sets itself
>> to Private. But if I reboot, it would go back to PUBLIC. How do I
>> automatically set it Private?
>> I read that its because I am in computer admin mode and not this super
>> admin. What can I do?
>>
>> Thanks!

Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Re: New Vista setup, Network on Public and not Private?
This is multihomed computer if it connects both wireless and wired. Posting
the result of ipconfig /all will confirm it.