Remote Assistance on a computer sharing DSL internet connection

=?Utf-8?B?VEM=?=

Remote Assistance on a computer sharing DSL internet connection
I have DSL and I am using a router to share the connection between three
different computers. When I attempt to get help via RA, the helper can
access my main computer, but cannot access the other computers on the local
are network. Does anyone have a solution? Please Help...

Robert L [MVP - Networking]

Re: Remote Assistance on a computer sharing DSL internet connection
We need to know more details how you want to that. for example, do you want the helper access your computer and from there to access other computer?

Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
"TC" <TC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:03DD9764-FF0C-4E43-A9CC-9B59ACB88E86@microsoft.com...
I have DSL and I am using a router to share the connection between three
different computers. When I attempt to get help via RA, the helper can
access my main computer, but cannot access the other computers on the local
are network. Does anyone have a solution? Please Help...

=?Utf-8?B?VEM=?=

Re: Remote Assistance on a computer sharing DSL internet connectio
The helper can access only the main computer. The problem we are having is
that the helper cannot access other computers on the network. The computers
that are sharing the DSL connection with the main computer. The helper needs
to access and take control of the desktop on one of my networked computers.
does this additional info help?

"Robert L [MVP - Networking]" wrote:

> We need to know more details how you want to that. for example, do you want the helper access your computer and from there to access other computer?
>
> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
> "TC" <TC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:03DD9764-FF0C-4E43-A9CC-9B59ACB88E86@microsoft.com...
> I have DSL and I am using a router to share the connection between three
> different computers. When I attempt to get help via RA, the helper can
> access my main computer, but cannot access the other computers on the local
> are network. Does anyone have a solution? Please Help..

=?Utf-8?B?VEM=?=

Re: Remote Assistance on a computer sharing DSL internet connectio
Also, the helper wants to access the networked computer without accessing the
main computer.

"Robert L [MVP - Networking]" wrote:

> We need to know more details how you want to that. for example, do you want the helper access your computer and from there to access other computer?
>
> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
> "TC" <TC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:03DD9764-FF0C-4E43-A9CC-9B59ACB88E86@microsoft.com...
> I have DSL and I am using a router to share the connection between three
> different computers. When I attempt to get help via RA, the helper can
> access my main computer, but cannot access the other computers on the local
> are network. Does anyone have a solution? Please Help..

Michael A. Bishop \(MSFT\)

Re: Remote Assistance on a computer sharing DSL internet connection
Where is the helper coming from? If the helper is in the outside world, and
the main computer is using Internet Connection Sharing to share the DSL,
it's a little more complicated to address the computers behind the ICS.

You could try setting up a PNRP name (Admin command prompt, type "netsh p2p
pnrp peer set machinename publish=start autopublish=enable"; type "netsh p2p
pnrp peer show machinename" to view the PNRP name) and accessing that;
starting PNRP will cause the machine to start Teredo and acquire an IPv6
address, which should get you through the several computers in front of you.

I know the theory on this, but I haven't actually done it myself; your
mileage may vary, but it's worth a shot.