Scheduled Tasks sharing possible ???

=?Utf-8?B?UGF0cmljaw==?=

Scheduled Tasks sharing possible ???
Hello,

Is it possible to share my Scheduled Tasks in Windows Vista as it is
possible with the other versions of Windows ?

I didn't found any info about this on the web neither in Vista's Help.

Thanks,

Patrick L.
Robert L [MVP - Networking]

Re: Scheduled Tasks sharing possible ???
Sure, you can create a batch file including net use command. Can you share now manually?

Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
"Patrick" <Patrick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news13064AC-F142-43D3-B091-2910A405BE8C@microsoft.com...
Hello,

Is it possible to share my Scheduled Tasks in Windows Vista as it is
possible with the other versions of Windows ?

I didn't found any info about this on the web neither in Vista's Help.

Thanks,

Patrick L.
=?Utf-8?B?UGF0cmljaw==?=

Re: Scheduled Tasks sharing possible ???
Hello Robert,

I've been using the "net use x: \\server\share" to map a network drive, but
can it be used to share a local folder ?

I can share folders and printers, but don't know how to share my "Scheduled
Tasks" in Vista. Normally, other versions of Windows are displaying it under
\\server when you have administrative rights on the server.

Any idea ?

Thanks,
Patrick L.

"Robert L [MVP - Networking]" wrote:

> Sure, you can create a batch file including net use command. Can you share now manually?
>
> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
> "Patrick" <Patrick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news13064AC-F142-43D3-B091-2910A405BE8C@microsoft.com...
> Hello,
>
> Is it possible to share my Scheduled Tasks in Windows Vista as it is
> possible with the other versions of Windows ?
>
> I didn't found any info about this on the web neither in Vista's Help.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Patrick L

Robert L [MVP - Networking]

Re: Scheduled Tasks sharing possible ???
Sure, you can do it "net use x: \\server\share" for the sharing local drive. To find out which folders are available to share, use net share command.

Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
"Patrick" <Patrick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:05C8D985-28E7-49DA-964B-46C79BD35A5A@microsoft.com...
Hello Robert,

I've been using the "net use x: \\server\share" to map a network drive, but
can it be used to share a local folder ?

I can share folders and printers, but don't know how to share my "Scheduled
Tasks" in Vista. Normally, other versions of Windows are displaying it under
\\server when you have administrative rights on the server.

Any idea ?

Thanks,
Patrick L.

"Robert L [MVP - Networking]" wrote:

> Sure, you can create a batch file including net use command. Can you share now manually?
>
> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
> "Patrick" <Patrick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news13064AC-F142-43D3-B091-2910A405BE8C@microsoft.com...
> Hello,
>
> Is it possible to share my Scheduled Tasks in Windows Vista as it is
> possible with the other versions of Windows ?
>
> I didn't found any info about this on the web neither in Vista's Help.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Patrick L

=?Utf-8?B?UGF0cmljaw==?=

Re: Scheduled Tasks sharing possible ???
Hello Robert,

I know that to create a new shared folder on the computer you're logged on,
the command line method is "net share sharename=driveath /grant:user,read"
....etc.

But "net use z: \\server\share" is only used to create a drive (z mapped
to an already shared folder.

My question here is: How can I have the Scheduled Tasks of Windows Vista
displayed when I get onto the "\\vista_pc_name" UNC ???

For all other NTx versions of Windows, if you have the administrative rights
on the remote computer and that you get onto its "\\computer_name" UNC, you
will see "Scheduled Tasks" item listed at the end of all the shares of this
computer. Nothing is required to be performed for this item to be listed on
other NTx Windows, but it's obviously not the case for Vista...

So, what are those required changes to perform on Windows Vista in order to
have the "Scheduled Tasks" item displayed when going onto the Vista
computer's UNC ?