Vista automatically blocks competitor web site

ThisOldMan

Vista automatically blocks competitor web site
I am running two computers 1) Vista Home Premium and 2) XP Home. Both
computers run IE7 and Netscape browsers, both wired into the same network
switch with hardware firewall.

I'd been unable to register my Borland C++ Builder 2006 installation on (1),
and ended up on phone support. With both computers side-by-side and trying
with both browsers, (1) gave a network error, while (2) connected to
www.codegear.com.

On Vista, I added the address to the trusted site, disabled every security
level I could find, disabled UAC, and could still not connect to the address.
Borland emailed me the registration workaround which was to start an
Administrative Command Prompt, and enter "netsh interface set tcp global
autotuninglevel=disabled".

Magically, I could register, and I could also access the web site via
browser. Upon resetting the autotuninglevel=normal, attempting to reach the
web site via browser again gave the network hardware error.

I have search the MS documents and can't find a satisfactory explanation
relating Vista-accessible controls to this netsh command, or what I might
risk by leaving autotuninglevel disabled.

I would appreciate some enlightenment on setting up Vista within Vista.
mikeyhsd

Re: Vista automatically blocks competitor web site
might try a google search.
have heard of this several times but did not bookmark any site with the answers.
google is too easy.

mikeyhsd@sprintpcs.com