Cannot Find Server, but can connect

mwimhoff

Cannot Find Server, but can connect
Hey everyone,

I have an nVidia 680i and and 8800GTX running on Vista x64, and last night I
used driver sweeper to uninstall my old video drivers to install the newest
ones from evga.com along with nHancer. Now, I can't connect to the internet
through any browser (it just says "server not found"), and if I try to run
something that would connect (like COD4), it won't connect. But, the wierd
thing is, if I go Network->Network and Sharing Center->Set up a Connection or
Network->Connect to the Internet, it tells me I'm already connected to the
internet, and it asks me if I would like to browse the internet, and if I
choose to, it lets me browse the internet like normal.

I'm totally lost on this one. Is there a chance that driver sweeper or
nHancer messed with something it shouldn't have?

Thanks for any help.

mwimhoff

RE: Cannot Find Server, but can connect
Nevermind, I fixed it by resetting the winsock protocol.

"mwimhoff" wrote:

> Hey everyone,
>
> I have an nVidia 680i and and 8800GTX running on Vista x64, and last night I
> used driver sweeper to uninstall my old video drivers to install the newest
> ones from evga.com along with nHancer. Now, I can't connect to the internet
> through any browser (it just says "server not found"), and if I try to run
> something that would connect (like COD4), it won't connect. But, the wierd
> thing is, if I go Network->Network and Sharing Center->Set up a Connection or
> Network->Connect to the Internet, it tells me I'm already connected to the
> internet, and it asks me if I would like to browse the internet, and if I
> choose to, it lets me browse the internet like normal.
>
> I'm totally lost on this one. Is there a chance that driver sweeper or
> nHancer messed with something it shouldn't have?
>
> Thanks for any help.

Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Cannot Find Server, but can connect
Thank you for the update.