desktop.ini and remapped Music folder

waveydavey

desktop.ini and remapped Music folder
I'm in the process of setting up Vista for the first time. I have a NAS, with
folders such as Music and Pictures on it, and I intend to use the NAS to
store any music and pictures - I will not store any of those files on the
Vista hard disc.

After a brief search online, I discovered I was able to remap the Vista
'Music' folder to point to the NAS by right-clicking 'Properties', then
clicking on the 'Location' tab then 'Move' button and changing the address to
M: where drive M: is mapped to \\NAS\music. Vista warned me it would copy
anything already in my Music folder into the new location I just picked. I
accepted that. The result is that if I click on 'Music' on the start menu,
the M: drive on the NAS opens directly. So far so good, as this is what I
want.

After doing this on my own login, I switched user and tried to repeat this
configuration under my wife's login (logically, we would both want our Vista
logins to be configured such that 'Music' accessess the same shared NAS
folder). When I tried to set this up on my wife's PC, it warned me that the
file desktop.ini already existed in M: and asked did I want to overwrite it.

So my question is this: if I have two user logins (me and my wife) on the
same physical computer, with both user's 'Music' folder remapped to M: where
M: is \\NAS\music, is it going to cause Vista problems that our logins are
accessing one common desktop.ini file in M:? Is there anything stored in the
desktop.ini file contained in my M: drive that is specific to only one login,
such that having two logins sharing the file would cause problems?