Simple peer to peer connects to some PC's only

RichardR

Simple peer to peer connects to some PC's only
Hi.
Some PC's connect only way and not the other whilst others cannot see each
other at all. On one Vista PC viewing full map in network and share center
shows the other Vista PC but if you click on it nothing happens
> 3 PC's (2 x new Vista Bus and 1 older XP)
> all cat5 cabled directly to router/switch - internet on each PC works fine.
> Using Workgroup and 3 PC's have same wrokgroup
> Fixed IP addesses; all checked and subnets seem fine
> Norton 360 firewall I have set to allow full range of IP's
> On Vista PC's network set to private; Netwok disc = on; File sharing = on; Public folder = on; Password protect sharing = off (althoug it was on at some time)
> pinging each PC is consistent with connectivity.

I have tried all the trouble shooting vista provides and a few on-line
resourses but perhaps there is a detailed point by point reference I am
missing.
Thanks
Richard
Mick Murphy

RE: Simple peer to peer connects to some PC's only
Run XPs file and printer sharing wizard!!!!

How to give Permissions are there, too.
If you are running Norton, etc’s Firewall, check its settings.

the SAME.

In Vista Network and Sharing:

File Sharing: ON

Docs)