Running Vista Home Premium but no Media Center

Keith

Running Vista Home Premium but no Media Center
I just set up my Xbox 360 for wireless gaming and it works fine. What I am
trying to do is set up so I can stream Music, Vid and pics to the Xbox. From
what I understand it that Vista Home Premium comes with Windows Media Center
and I do have Vista Premium but cannot locate Media Center anywhere on the
system. Is there anything I can do to go about getting it since I do not have
it and apperantly Vista Premium is supposed to have it already?
Bob

Re: Running Vista Home Premium but no Media Center
Only Vista Home Premium "Media Center Edition" includes Media Center. You
can upgrade for about $160.

"Keith" <Keith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just set up my Xbox 360 for wireless gaming and it works fine. What I am
> trying to do is set up so I can stream Music, Vid and pics to the Xbox.
> From
> what I understand it that Vista Home Premium comes with Windows Media
> Center
> and I do have Vista Premium but cannot locate Media Center anywhere on the
> system. Is there anything I can do to go about getting it since I do not
> have
> it and apperantly Vista Premium is supposed to have it already?

Dave

Re: Running Vista Home Premium but no Media Center
Vista Home Premium does include WMC.
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...d7de31033.mspx

C:\Windows\ehome\ehshell.exe

Home Basic and Business do not.
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/pro...ns/choose.mspx

There is no Media Center Edition for Vista, there is for XP.

--
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview

"Bob" <nowhere@nowhere.net> wrote in message
> Only Vista Home Premium "Media Center Edition" includes Media Center. You
> can upgrade for about $160.
>
> "Keith" <Keith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I just set up my Xbox 360 for wireless gaming and it works fine. What I am
>> trying to do is set up so I can stream Music, Vid and pics to the Xbox.
>> From
>> what I understand it that Vista Home Premium comes with Windows Media
>> Center
>> and I do have Vista Premium but cannot locate Media Center anywhere on
>> the
>> system. Is there anything I can do to go about getting it since I do not
>> have
>> it and apperantly Vista Premium is supposed to have it already?

Bob

Re: Running Vista Home Premium but no Media Center
You're wrong Dave. Here are two examples of Vista Home Premium WITHOUT Media
Center.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....1964704 38845

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Acer-...oductDetail.do

"Dave" <dave@beepbeep.com> wrote in message
> Vista Home Premium does include WMC.
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...d7de31033.mspx
>
> C:\Windows\ehome\ehshell.exe
>
> Home Basic and Business do not.
> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/pro...ns/choose.mspx
>
> There is no Media Center Edition for Vista, there is for XP.
>
> --
> http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview
>
> "Bob" <nowhere@nowhere.net> wrote in message
>> Only Vista Home Premium "Media Center Edition" includes Media Center. You
>> can upgrade for about $160.
>>
>> "Keith" <Keith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>>I just set up my Xbox 360 for wireless gaming and it works fine. What I
>>>am
>>> trying to do is set up so I can stream Music, Vid and pics to the Xbox.
>>> From
>>> what I understand it that Vista Home Premium comes with Windows Media
>>> Center
>>> and I do have Vista Premium but cannot locate Media Center anywhere on
>>> the
>>> system. Is there anything I can do to go about getting it since I do not
>>> have
>>> it and apperantly Vista Premium is supposed to have it already?

Dave

Re: Running Vista Home Premium but no Media Center
Bob,

I don't think you know what Windows Media Center is....

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/pro...diacenter.mspx

"But with Windows Vista, Windows Media Center is no longer a separate
edition but simply integrated within the Windows Vista Home Premium and
Windows Vista Ultimate editions."

--

news:vdWdnVyk6b5bsjzanZ2dnUVZ_uuqnZ2d@comcast.com. ..
> You're wrong Dave. Here are two examples of Vista Home Premium WITHOUT
> Media Center.
> http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....1964704 38845
>
> http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Acer-...oductDetail.do
>

> "Dave" <dave@beepbeep.com> wrote in message
>> Vista Home Premium does include WMC.
>> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...d7de31033.mspx
>>
>> C:\Windows\ehome\ehshell.exe
>>
>> Home Basic and Business do not.
>> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/pro...ns/choose.mspx
>>
>> There is no Media Center Edition for Vista, there is for XP.
>>
>> --
>> http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview
>>
>> "Bob" <nowhere@nowhere.net> wrote in message
>>> Only Vista Home Premium "Media Center Edition" includes Media Center.
>>> You can upgrade for about $160.

Bob

Re: Running Vista Home Premium but no Media Center
I know exactly what Windows Media Center is. I own one.

In spite of the link you gave me the fact remains there are Vista Home
Premium machines out there WITHOUT Media Center. That's why the OP can't
find Media Center on his Home Premium machine.

Did you even look at the links I gave you?

> Bob,
>
> I don't think you know what Windows Media Center is....
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/pro...diacenter.mspx
>
> "But with Windows Vista, Windows Media Center is no longer a separate
> edition but simply integrated within the Windows Vista Home Premium and
> Windows Vista Ultimate editions."
>
> --
> http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview
>
> "Bob" <nowhere@nowhere.net> wrote in message
> news:vdWdnVyk6b5bsjzanZ2dnUVZ_uuqnZ2d@comcast.com. ..
>> You're wrong Dave. Here are two examples of Vista Home Premium WITHOUT
>> Media Center.
>> http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....1964704 38845
>>
>> http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Acer-...oductDetail.do
>>

>> "Dave" <dave@beepbeep.com> wrote in message
>>> Vista Home Premium does include WMC.
>>> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...d7de31033.mspx
>>>
>>> C:\Windows\ehome\ehshell.exe
>>>
>>> Home Basic and Business do not.
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/pro...ns/choose.mspx
>>>
>>> There is no Media Center Edition for Vista, there is for XP.
>>>
>>> --
>>> http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview

Dave

Re: Running Vista Home Premium but no Media Center
LOL,

Those were links to computer systems that come with Vista.
Windows Media Center is a program, that is part of Vista Home Premium and
Ultimate.

You're probably talking about a computer system designed for playing media,
aka a "Media Center PC" or "Media Center System".

If the OP has Vista Home Premium, he has Windows Media Center.

Or is he/you talking about Xbox Media Center, which is something entirely
different?
http://sourceforge.net/projects/xbmc/

--

news:5_GdnbQ7if4xqDzanZ2dnUVZ_ommnZ2d@comcast.com. ..

> LOL,
>
> Those were links to computer systems that come with Vista.
> Windows Media Center is a program, that is part of Vista Home Premium and
> Ultimate.

Question: What operating systems did the computers in the links have?
Answer: Vista Home Premium

Question: Do the computers in the links include the WMC Program?
Answer: No

Question: Do ALL Vista Home Premium computers include WMC?
Answer: See above.

news:Cq2dnQSobLSzSzzanZ2dnUVZ_uSgnZ2d@comcast.com. ..

> "Dave" <dave@beepbeep.com> wrote in message
>> LOL,
>>
>> Those were links to computer systems that come with Vista.
>> Windows Media Center is a program, that is part of Vista Home Premium and
>> Ultimate.

> Question: What operating systems did the computers in the links have?
> Answer: Vista Home Premium

So they come with WMC.

> Question: Do the computers in the links include the WMC Program?
> Answer: No

YES, it's part of VHP.

> Question: Do ALL Vista Home Premium computers include WMC?
> Answer: See above.

All computers with the VHP OS have WMC.

>> You're probably talking about a computer system designed for playing
>> media, aka a "Media Center PC" or "Media Center System".
>>
>> If the OP has Vista Home Premium, he has Windows Media Center.
>>
>> Or is he/you talking about Xbox Media Center, which is something entirely
>> different?
>> http://sourceforge.net/projects/xbmc/
>>

>> --
>> http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview
>>
>> "Bob" <nowhere@nowhere.net> wrote in message
>> news:5_GdnbQ7if4xqDzanZ2dnUVZ_ommnZ2d@comcast.com. ..
>>> I know exactly what Windows Media Center is. I own one.
>>>
>>> In spite of the link you gave me the fact remains there are Vista Home
>>> Premium machines out there WITHOUT Media Center. That's why the OP can't
>>> find Media Center on his Home Premium machine.
>>>
>>> Did you even look at the links I gave you?

Bob

Re: Running Vista Home Premium but no Media Center
Show me in the links I provided where in the specs of those machines it
indicates Media Center is included.